Critique 2019 Octoberfest – Palouse (Nick) Hardcore – Nikkor AFS 50mm f/1.8 G – October 31st.

Day 31:

The sun came out, so I went for a walk in the University Arboretum. Made several appropriate images (my other choices are in the Bucket), but this one resonates most with me.
I call it Reflections, which I think is a very good way to summarize both my month-long involvement here and what I will be doing a lot of as I revisit all our images and words over the future days, months and beyond. Octoberfest has made me think and reflect. Thank you all!

View attachment 1649207
I like the tranquility of the shot...looks like a great place to hang out. Wonderful job this month on your shots!

Real Name
Andy
Day 31:

The sun came out, so I went for a walk in the University Arboretum. Made several appropriate images (my other choices are in the Bucket), but this one resonates most with me.
I call it Reflections, which I think is a very good way to summarize both my month-long involvement here and what I will be doing a lot of as I revisit all our images and words over the future days, months and beyond. Octoberfest has made me think and reflect. Thank you all!
Wonderful choice of image and words to complete an outstanding set of images. Nick, I have really enjoyed what you've done in this Octoberfest.

Real Name
Chris
What a wonderful journey you have taken us on Nick. The road trip, the indoor adventures, and Idaho itself were all very real as you portrayed them. I feel much enriched for having tagged along. Thank you and I will be following your continuing story in the threads of the Cafe. Thanks for playing!

Day 31:

View attachment 1649207
I love Arboretum walks and enjoy your shots in the bucket too. As a contrast to a Zoo, where you walk between animals, exponates in cages, and where they try more and more to make you feel 'there' - this is so much better possible with plants. No faking - you ARE there. Within. Surrounded.

You chose the right one here.. Supee smooth transition from the warm colour palette of fall in the background to a cold looking, deep, dark blue and black. I saw it before and see it again while typing, with the picture scrolling up: The lowest third, when looked at at a glance, appears to be an underwater shot! Not sure yet on where exactly it changes from background shore to foreground lakeground... But it does ;)

It has been a great month Nick. Thanks for joining us on the journey - it has been fun to get to know you and your work and to see some creativity (and scenery) from the other side of the world. I will look forward to shooting pictures with you again.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Nick, my friend.
I've just made it through your Octoberfest.
You've shown great and surprising pictures this month.

Thank you for paricipating
Klaus

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom