Critique 2019 Octoberfest – Palouse (Nick) Hardcore – Nikkor AFS 50mm f/1.8 G – October 31st.

The beach is a wonderful shot Nick. The fog adds hugely to the feeling of isolation.
Who doesn't love winetasting? Nice work here - as others have mentioned, a quick tweak of the WB may add a little.

Real Name
Chris
Have you seen the cartoon Spongbob Squarepants? My favorite bit in the show is where the announcer says (in a real hokey French accent) "Three days late-air" ...

Now I get why the spittoons are there!

Day 18:
After two hectic days of wine tasting, lots of driving and some detours, we're home. 1300 miles (our son will clock in at 2000 miles by the time he gets back to Salt Lake city), We visited 24 wineries, tasted 78 wines, and came home with 128 bottle between us.
I'm tired.

Not the best, but it's wine, and I'll add one to the Bucket in a few minutes.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 19. Rested. Son left for SLC this morning (He'll overnight in Boise with our daughter). Cold, rainy day. Could use some of David's firewood.
Meme19-013.jpg

Day 18:
After two hectic days of wine tasting, lots of driving and some detours, we're home. 1300 miles (our son will clock in at 2000 miles by the time he gets back to Salt Lake city), We visited 24 wineries, tasted 78 wines, and came home with 128 bottle between us.
I'm tired.

Not the best, but it's wine, and I'll add one to the Bucket in a few minutes.

View attachment 1648484
Sounds like an enjoyable trip for you guys and you scored a bunch of wine too!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Nick, 18 is perfect for me today after the long drive! Wish it was live. 19, appreciate the tones and finite intimate details with the water drops. Well done.

It's hard not to like a photo of the Day 18 wine bottles, Nick (particularly knowing they are just waiting to be opened.) How did you come out in your preferences? I know the area as a producer of white wines, but I also heard recently that their reds are coming on strong as well.

As for Day 19 .... Beautifully rendered. These drops are as close as we can get to Mother Nature's jewelry, I think.

Welcome back.

Harry, my son did much of the research. We wanted to try a wide array of wines and not just the Pinot Noir's for which northern Oregon is famous. The whites, particularly from southern Oregon, were fabulous.

Welcome back Nick and I'm glad that you are rested and recovering. It sounds like a fantastic trip.

Wine bottles are always winners... whether artfully displayed (as you showed us earlier in your meme) or more pragmatically as in this case. The mystery is in the contents.

Well done on the row of droplets - I hear you about the cooler weather... not so cool here yet, but things are changing. BTW- if the woodpile belonged to me, I would gladly let you have some. My neighbour Hans is a lovely guy, but I wouldn't test him out by filching his firewood. ;)

Real Name
Chris
And it looks like some nice wine too! 128 bottles, I'd call that a successful trip.

The drops on the twig is just beautiful. There is a mood associated with this picture that is just so comfortable. I love it!

Day 20:

A dark, damp, dreary day. Catching up on accumulated mail, laundry, and the other aftermath of a week on the road. Now it's back to "reality".

I feel unfocused, uninspired, and am sitting here (chair is in the Bucket) listening to a radio show about the late Jessye Norman's best operatic work--lots of Wagner, so it is dark (even if it is all in foreign tongues). Dark, dark, dark . . .

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom