Critique 2019 Octoberfest – Palouse (Nick) Hardcore – Nikkor AFS 50mm f/1.8 G – October 31st.

Nick, let my guess...
You'll invite Mike Buckley and then you'll open a bottle of different wine every day? ;):):D

Kind regards
Klaus

The trouble with that is Mike will spend hours trying to get rid of reflections; that would harm my drinking.

No way he'd open only one bottle.

He'd probably bring an empty one to photograph!

Day 1.
The day starts with sunrise, but I missed that. So on to plan B: Coffee:

A big 16oz, drink of the morning gods, Finca Santa Maria from Mexico.

Meme1-007_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Aaaahhhhhhhh! :happy:

Only critique is that the leaf/planter is just slightly distracting to me.

Thanks Paul. I agonized over that leaf, and decided to keep it in. Here's a version without:
Meme1-007_3_DxO.jpg

One thought I had, was to go square.

Meme1-007_2_DxO.jpg

I still prefer the original, it frames the cup better and provides some context. (I have 30 more days to figure this lens out !)

I think I might have gone for having the table in focus.

I'm reveling in f/1.8, something I don't normally get to use as the rest of my glass is f/4. I'll tire of it soon enough. But in my "defense" my focus was on the coffee, photographically, psychologically, physiologically, and delectably :D

Interesting photograph, Nick. I think I might have gone for having the table in focus.

16 ounces! :eek:
As much as I like the photo - esp. the uncommon focus - the more I am sceptic about the coffee. Not so much about 16 ounces. I drink a lot of coffee myself. But that should better be numerous smaller units of strong, Italian style, espresso strength coffee. The stronger, the better. Even stronger than you now think. The spoon should stand on its own in it...
I'm really in doubt about the coffee pictured, measured in ounces. Could be the american style coff... - erm not coffee. We call that "afflicted water"... :D

Latest threads

Top Bottom