Critique 2019 Octoberfest – Palouse (Nick) Hardcore – Nikkor AFS 50mm f/1.8 G – October 31st.

Day 22:

Thought I'd have some fun today. There was a cop car in the neighborhood late this afternoon, but before I could gather my gear and try for a creative shot, er, photo, they had turned of their red and blue lights and were gone. So, being the creative guy that I think I am I figured I'd recreate the lighting using a couple of gelled flashes. I had to wait until the ambient light levels dropped quite a bit. Here is my favorite:

Agree with the others, Nick. Whatever you've done, you are well aware your time is running out.

Your lighting is terrific. I live on a thru street and have police cars, ambulances, and fire engines going by at all times of day and night. The red and blue of the police cars you've caught perfectly. Not only that, you don't disturb the neighbors. :D

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Hells bells, there are Gels and used in a great way, same in the bucket shot too! Unique Nick, Very!

Day 23:
Nice blue sky afternoon. Went around the neighborhood and despite the intense colors nothing tugged at me. Came home and thought I'd get some shots of the wife raking the lawn of leaves and suicidal pears. That was when I looked down, and there, when all the plant kingdom was getting ready for a long winter's nap, at my feet was the start of next year's weed patch getting a headstart.

Meme23-002_Nik_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Real Name
Andy
Nice blue sky afternoon. Went around the neighborhood and despite the intense colors nothing tugged at me. Came home and thought I'd get some shots of the wife raking the lawn of leaves and suicidal pears. That was when I looked down, and there, when all the plant kingdom was getting ready for a long winter's nap, at my feet was the start of next year's weed patch getting a headstart.
I can feel the coolness of autumn in this photo!

Real Name
Paul

View attachment 1648687
Nice composition and the color choice is very interesting and unique.

Real Name
Chris
Day 22:

Thought I'd have some fun today. There was a cop car in the neighborhood late this afternoon, but before I could gather my gear and try for a creative shot, er, photo, they had turned of their red and blue lights and were gone. So, being the creative guy that I think I am I figured I'd recreate the lighting using a couple of gelled flashes. I had to wait until the ambient light levels dropped quite a bit. Here is my favorite:

View attachment 1648618

Oh man! Gregory Crewdson, eat your heart out! Storytelling at it's best Nick!

Real Name
Chris

View attachment 1648687

You have taken a classic brick shot to a new level. This would me a wonderful print to explore. 20" x 30" would be killer!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade

View attachment 1648687

Wonderful brick pavers shot, and the touch of weeds adds so much interest.

Day 24:

Dug out the Kenko extension rings again, this time the 32mm.

Worth its weight in gold, they say!

Meme24-005_Nik_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Answer in the Bucket!

Real Name
Andy
Day 23:
Yep, the little buggers do do that, don't they? Nice capture of the texture of the bricks and the depth of the crevices.
Day 24:
Dug out the Kenko extension rings again, this time the 32mm.
Worth its weight in gold, they say!
Answer in the Bucket!
Autumn color without the trees. Nice trick. Will be interesting to see what's in the bucket. BTW, I think the shadows here create a photo of their own.

Latest threads

Top Bottom