Share 2019 Octoberfest - Bucket

Real Name
Andy
Two more from October 1, 2019 in Newport Beach, CA.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Oct 1. I was going to label this "anticipation" but the steam rising from the cone failed it's Café debut! (operator error due to lack of caffeine) A dark background and/or back lighting would have helped.

I'm thinking I should have posted this instead of the color version for day 1.

Real Name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice sunflower Andy, but I think I like that canal-side lane better.

Nick, if I look on the right side above the filter cup, I can see a hint of steam. So yeah, dark background would've brought it out, but hey - ya gotta play them where they lie.

Actually Gordon, I prefer the color rendition. This one looks too foreboding. Or perhaps, being Octoberfest, it should ...

Real Name
Andy
Two more sights from Oct. 2, 2019 in Mexico City. I wasn't expecting to find grazing horses here!
Octoberfest 20191002_10045358_19C_3240.jpg

Octoberfest 20191002_09491337_19C_3232.jpg

This one didn't make the cut, as the selected shot looked… more brutal ; )

OF_2019_02a.JPG

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/2.8​

And here, you get an overview: These devices are mounted in a temporary gangway that leads from the parking decks to the hospital, as long as the building site restricts entrance through the park.

OF_2019_02b.JPG

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/4​

Just read what I wrote in your thread, considering 'coffee'... :D :p 😂
Oh I read it all right. ". . the more I am sceptic about the coffee. Not so much about 16 ounces. I drink a lot of coffee myself. But that should better be numerous smaller units of strong, Italian style, espresso strength coffee. The stronger, the better. Even stronger than you now think. The spoon should stand on its own in it...
I'm really in doubt about the coffee pictured, measured in ounces. Could be the american style coff... - erm not coffee. We call that "afflicted water"... "

I do small shots of espresso and or Moka pot coffee during the day, I have several coffee makers for whatever I fancy. Yes, and stronger the better and consistently so. Don't knock my coffee until you have tried it, I am rather proud of my prowess as a caffeine head after almost 60 years of making and drinking the stuff and having a brother who managed coffee plantations in Africa and India, and a son who worked in the coffee trade.

Just kidding - we used to drink loads of filter coffee too. I started at very young age (6?), it was the morning drink every day (prepared as you show here), and still is. Italian family, my mother's.
There are days I don't drink water at the office till noon, but stop at the coffee machine many times. I would like to try your's for sure!

And we still call that preparation method an abuse of water, for the joke of it. And, sorry to say so, it many times IS, in hotels, abroad, on a trip ...

I started at very young age (6?),
an abuse of water, for the joke of it. And, sorry to say so, it many times IS, in hotels, abroad, on a trip ...
Two things we can absolutely agree on. We say the same thing about industrial beer here, that water has more flavor and more alcohol than those cheap "beers" do!
I'm a wine snob, so they say. But I can drink bad wine occasionally; I can tolerate one or two sips of bad beer, but I cannot tollerate bad coffee---life is too short long for that! :happy:

PS: time for more coffee!

Two things we can absolutely agree on. We say the same thing about industrial beer here, that water has more flavor and more alcohol than those cheap "beers" do!
I'm a wine snob, so they say. But I can drink bad wine occasionally; I can tolerate one or two sips of bad beer, but I cannot tollerate bad coffee---life is too short long for that! :happy:

PS: time for more coffee!
I fully second every single word of that.

Wine, preferably good one,
beer, preferably good one,
coffee, by no means bad one.

We should meet :) :)
Like whiskey, by a chance? ;)

I'm not a whiskey drinker. Maybe, very occasionally a small glass of very good Cognac. Good wine for me, with good food and good friends. My wife and son are hinting that we may do another trip across the Atlantic next year, Alsace. And I owe Klaus a visit, which is not far from you.

I know he's close, we've met in mid September. Will go out shooting together. Feel free to join in :)

Wine is fine, food too, food is important, and alongside just liking to go out to a good restaurant, I am a hobby cook also.

But then, I like single malts. Just had a dram of wonderful cask strength Port Askaig

Last edited:
I'm not a whiskey drinker. Maybe, very occasionally a small glass of very good Cognac. Good wine for me, with good food and good friends. My wife and son are hinting that we may do another trip across the Atlantic next year, Alsace. And I owe Klaus a visit, which is not far from you.
If you plan ahead, I might pick up Klaus and drive up to where you are... (just thinking loud...).

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
This one didn't make the cut, as the selected shot looked… more brutal ; )

View attachment 1647244

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/2.8​

And here, you get an overview: These devices are mounted in a temporary gangway that leads from the parking decks to the hospital, as long as the building site restricts entrance through the park.

View attachment 1647243

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/4

Thanks for sharing the set up!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Here is a conversion of my day 2 entry, and also an early AM skylight black and white shot in my old home before I was traveling all day.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom