Share 2019 Octoberfest - Bucket

Real Name
Andy
I miss my autofocus world, ya know.
LOL. I think you're doing great! Nowadays, manual focus only works in my kit thanks to newfangled mirrorless features like focus peaking and EVF magnification. Not so long ago, I would have scoffed at the need for such features. Today, I'm pretty sure my images would be a disaster if I were shooting with a film rangefinder.

I usually don't jump in to the Bucket until after I've seen the selected pictures. Today I erred, and based on what you "dumped" here Chris, I'm excited to see what you shared. These two are fabulous, especially the cactus/bird/moon shoot---simply exquisite.

Day 24 Bucket Shot

Here is the shot I referred to in my main thread. These little girls were playing, sat down, had a brief but intense confab, got up and left. A mystery. My shot was a grab shot, and since they were in the shade and I had been shooting bright sun using auto ISO, my shutter speed dropped all the way down to 1/60 sec while using telextenders on my 85mm. I'm lucky I got anything usable at all. But the intense expression on the face of the little girl facing the camera, and the serene body posture of the girl in the maroon dress facing her are priceless to me. My imagination can run wild ...... like they are some kind of "club" and there is a dispute over rules or something.

BTW, this is a slightly upsized 1:1 crop from the original photo.

Day 25 Additional football practice shots

Here are three additional shots from yesterday's shoot.

I particularly like this one both because I like the composition, and because it shows the purpose of these types of drills, despite the casualness. Notice the young man standing upright just to the right of the center. He is in this position because he is identifying the defense and in turn calling out blocking assignments to his fellow linemen.

Holyoke HS_20191024_161137_Colored TreeA.JPG

Some of the squad practiced further down the field.
Holyoke HS_20191024_160228_Colored Tree.JPG

Here is a picture of the entire squad following practice. The coach is holding forth in the center. Since the shot is all in shade, the color balance is more neutral than in the setting sunlight.
Holyoke HS_20191024_161747_Colored Tree.JPG

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator

My subject today is in my parents old small mobile retirement home they inherited about 25 years ago in Lantana Florida from a relative. Purchased/built in 1975, they kept most of all the unusual non-sitting furniture from my eclectic much older cousin who outfitted it in 1975 with garish gold, ornamented “Bahamas” “beach” themed objects. Remember that BW lamp shade image I took? Same type of thing, white made of metal etc... . This is an old rolling wood carved coffee table from 1965 bought at a flea market and placed in the mobile home in 1975. Still here. My subject today. I have been starring at this garish thing for over a week already. I decided not to convert to BW. Colors are too “unique”. Lol.

084EC547-4060-43B3-BC74-1A9997EADA07.jpeg

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Good place for it :D
Yep, matches floors and couch and room so well.... just glad they will never bring it to St. Louis. They do 6 months in Florida and 6 up North, both 80+ years old, ...... at least I hope they never bring these things up to Missouri.....great now you have me worried.

My subject today is in my parents old small mobile retirement home they inherited about 25 years ago in Lantana Florida from a relative. Purchased/built in 1975, they kept most of all the unusual non-sitting furniture from my eclectic much older cousin who outfitted it in 1975 with garish gold, ornamented “Bahamas” “beach” themed objects. Remember that BW lamp shade image I took? Same type of thing, white made of metal etc... . This is an old rolling wood carved coffee table from 1965 bought at a flea market and placed in the mobile home in 1975. Still here. My subject today. I have been starring at this garish thing for over a week already. I decided not to convert to BW. Colors are too “unique”. Lol.

View attachment 1648840
Quite unusual, indeed! Nice Victoria (?) chair in the background.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom