Share 2019 Octoberfest - Bucket

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
My hardcore whupa$$ post processing work, taking my frustration out on a poor red plant.

First conversion:

8B4F66F0-81C7-426E-8338-6B7933885C1E.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Step two and three, four and five, to get here,

69E39EAE-56E6-435E-9F5F-A34E71B37E2B.jpeg

Then all heck breaks loose, decided to just go for broke and do an abstract shape design to match my mood.
F6268278-03D2-4792-ABC9-257BCD441183.jpeg

Wade, I like the color composition, strong yet simple. The glow conversion needs to be in frame for the glow to work best for me. That way it will have a static element to contrast with. The red filter makes for a powerful image.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Wade, I like the color composition, strong yet simple. The glow conversion needs to be in frame for the glow to work best for me. That way it will have a static element to contrast with. The red filter makes for a powerful image.
Great suggestion about the frame and on the glow, they always need grounding.

Day 29: An alternate shot of the fence, this one a crop from a rather messy original that had a pile of junk on the left and part of a tree on the right. This is cleaner.

Day 29 Bucket - Casket at Gravesite

Here is the "tossup shot" I captured following the service. I didn't feel I could ask the funeral director to leave the frame, but perhaps he adds some needed balance. But I do like the composition in general.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Answer to my what is it BW abstract.

Parking area of a store, huge huge...... palm tree, (probably 2.5’+ diameter, maybe even 5’ circumference at chest height.) One of the largest and tallest I have seen in Florida in this area. Early early am light as you can tell by the shadows behind, and you can see a smaller one in left of image. This bark looked like concrete or man made plastic. As I was walking by I just had to stop and take a snap.

Roystonea regia. Or Royal Palm tree.

Original, and the conversion I posted over in my main thread.

5EE95BBC-5380-4499-9876-6EA30FFF980A.jpeg

0D6DB5A0-0F1A-44CB-9B8F-FE30F9E215B6.jpeg

Answer to my what is it BW abstract.

Parking area of a store, huge huge...... palm tree, (probably 2.5’+ diameter, maybe even 5’ circumference at chest height.) One of the largest and tallest I have seen in Florida in this area. Early early am light as you can tell by the shadows behind, and you can see a smaller one in left of image. This bark looked like concrete or man made plastic. As I was walking by I just had to stop and take a snap.

Roystonea regia. Or Royal Palm tree.

Original, and the conversion I posted over in my main thread.

View attachment 1649119

View attachment 1649120
Well, I was way off...

Day 30 bucket shots...

A farther back image of the mural (as far back as I could go)...
okt2019-30-5210.jpg

As mentioned in my thread, this is on the side of an old theater, so the mural has a movie theme.

A shot from the side...
okt2019-30-5212.jpg

This was a contender for the post of the day.

The same people that did the mural, also painted unused telephone boxes (the few that there are), and electrical boxes around the city...

okt2019-30-5214.jpg

The statue on the side of this box, is from over at the mill buildings (I forget the name, but it was about some of the women mill workers). On the front are some butterflies (I didn't shoot the front as there was some graffiti). In any case, way better than plain green or gray boxes.

A few more of the leaving space ship:

Starting to rise

OF_2019_30a.JPG

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/16

Acceleration

OF_2019_30b.JPG

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/16​

Real Name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's a few from my last toll of Washi F:

Real Name
Chris

Real Name
Chris

Royce fell off this ladder by slipping forward, and bumping the back of his head on the rungs. He controlled the fall pretty well, but none-the-less, after thinking about it for a second and a half, cried a bit and had a "papa hold me" moment. Right after that he went right back up the ladder, and had a great slide experience. Bravo Royce!

Besides it's unique interaction with light, I also like Washi F film for the high percentage of keepers from a roll of it. All of the above (and at least one from the main thread, came from the same roll. Most rolls of F are like that - once the flow starts, it continues until the film runs out. Washi F rolls are stated to be 24 exposures long. The datasheet also says there is an extra long leader to prevent 'light piping' into the actual images, and it is recommender to shoot at least 6 frames before shooting anything critical. I load the film in the dark, and get at least a half a dozen extra frames at the end of the roll. And a good thing too, cause I'm never done when this film hits 24 exposures!

View attachment 1649155View attachment 1649156
Royce fell off this ladder by slipping forward, and bumping the back of his head on the rungs. He controlled the fall pretty well, but none-the-less, after thinking about it for a second and a half, cried a bit and had a "papa hold me" moment. Right after that he went right back up the ladder, and had a great slide experience. Bravo Royce!

Besides it's unique interaction with light, I also like Washi F film for the high percentage of keepers from a roll of it. All of the above (and at least one from the main thread, came from the same roll. Most rolls of F are like that - once the flow starts, it continues until the film runs out. Washi F rolls are stated to be 24 exposures long. The datasheet also says there is an extra long leader to prevent 'light piping' into the actual images, and it is recommender to shoot at least 6 frames before shooting anything critical. I load the film in the dark, and get at least a half a dozen extra frames at the end of the roll. And a good thing too, cause I'm never done when this film hits 24 exposures!
It was great seeing your work with film. One forgets all the challenges and details when working with film and all the developing process that goes with it. It was enjoyable to see that here.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
A day 31 try at lens flare on an iPad, and original of the lizard.

1899E2AF-BC1A-4DC9-BA0B-3F6D6DB5B1BE.jpeg

Sorry for the original tilt, iPad camera is at the corner and I tried to get the lens as low as possible. Camera lens about 1.5’ away.

27D22482-14D7-4D11-A052-5B1F70666602.jpeg

8834B5A4-E9C1-454A-85E6-4730B1024D50.jpeg

32BCF713-7892-40A9-BC0D-EDD7E12DF21F.jpeg

You see above after rotation and crop, then after post in Snapseed.

Wade: Seeing the originals of that lizard really ups my appreciation for the skill as the master of the iPad.
Lens flare, interesting but not as controlled and complimentary as mechanical lens would deliver.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom