Share 2019 Octoberfest - Bucket

Real Name
Andy
Part of me felt that my final image with the 55 Micro should be a closeup of some sort. And the warm climate of Punta Cana offered many floral options. Here is one such frame, but I went with something completely different for my Day 31 image.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Playing with gelled flashes is fun, and not something I do enough of. So after my cop car imitation, I tried to create a version of something I'd seen in a Dave Hobby column (Strobist) some time ago.

This is me reacting to Roland's latest alien invasion :D

View attachment 1648619

PS: Sorry about the Wolfsburg sticker, Roland :ROFLMAO:(y):greyalien:
Reaction when reading about the VW emissions...

Day 28 bucket for my bold colors theme...
View attachment 1648995
@Chris101 's Horror Show. Feign Illness now!
Day 28: Ghost
I played for a couple of hours trying to get a ghost peaking out a window but couldn't tame the reflections. So I settled for a musical ghost. This is a 3 shot multiple, in-camera shot, with a blue-gelled flash fired on the last frame. The Z6 does to combining, I merely tuned it up in DXO-PL. The version I shared was tweaked in Color Efex Pro with a Vignette Blur filter.

View attachment 1649008
I was playing around ( yes, my approach is playing at most ) with multi exposures combined with flash also, o. a Z camera. But your image shows what can be done if one knows what one's doing... ;)

View attachment 1649155View attachment 1649156
Royce fell off this ladder by slipping forward, and bumping the back of his head on the rungs. He controlled the fall pretty well, but none-the-less, after thinking about it for a second and a half, cried a bit and had a "papa hold me" moment. Right after that he went right back up the ladder, and had a great slide experience. Bravo Royce!

Besides it's unique interaction with light, I also like Washi F film for the high percentage of keepers from a roll of it. All of the above (and at least one from the main thread, came from the same roll. Most rolls of F are like that - once the flow starts, it continues until the film runs out. Washi F rolls are stated to be 24 exposures long. The datasheet also says there is an extra long leader to prevent 'light piping' into the actual images, and it is recommender to shoot at least 6 frames before shooting anything critical. I load the film in the dark, and get at least a half a dozen extra frames at the end of the roll. And a good thing too, cause I'm never done when this film hits 24 exposures!
Every single one of these would have had the right to be in your main thread, Chris! These are all so lovely, familiar, ringing bells. And thanks for your constant background info on film work.

I really don't know if I should have chosen this one, as there are more eggs in the frame. Went for the other one because the recycle bin isn't in that one, and still that one gives a better idea of the brood's actual size - which I wanted to be obvious, here, not like the UFO yesterday...

Different view on

The eggs

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/2​

Day 31 bucket...

It was tough today, from being busy at work, and it raining off an on, all day, especially when I had to go out, so I took two shots this morning as backups. I can't say that my submission for the day was much better...just maybe had a better story. :)

Soap dispensor

Home theater wall..

The Arboretum was a fun place to shoot.

It offers a variety of plants from around the world, reflecting our geographic diversity (there is an Eastern North America/Europe sign too!)

Larch, or Tamarack as we also know it, is a non-evergreen deciduous tree. Drops its needles every fall. Looked like a carpet of yellow snow!

This describes the Octoberfest so well!

And finally, my last shot, the end of the alphabet, and in honor of my Z6 who accompanied me all month.

Day 31 bucket...

It was tough today, from being busy at work, and it raining off an on, all day, especially when I had to go out, so I took two shots this morning as backups. I can't say that my submission for the day was much better...just maybe had a better story. :)

Soap dispensor

View attachment 1649208

Home theater wall..
View attachment 1649209
Pumpkin soap, now I have seen it all, though this is far better than pumpkin beer and pumpkin coffee!

It offers a variety of plants from around the world, reflecting our geographic diversity (there is an Eastern North America/Europe sign too!)
View attachment 1649211

Larch, or Tamarack as we also know it, is a non-evergreen deciduous tree. Drops its needles every fall. Looked like a carpet of yellow snow!
View attachment 1649210

View attachment 1649212

And finally, my last shot, the end of the alphabet, and in honor of my Z6 who accompanied me all month.

View attachment 1649213
Very nice. I love the door!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator

View attachment 1649211

View attachment 1649210

View attachment 1649212

View attachment 1649213
The door is a candidate for conversion, some nice images here!

The door is a candidate for conversion, some nice images here!
I agree (Silver Efex Pro: Film Noir as the base conversion).

Meme31-020_Nik_DxO.jpg

And just for kicks, the same door, March 2005:

Last edited:
Real Name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here are a couple more images using the Unicolor developing chemistry for C41 film (Kodak 400 in this case.) These were scanned with the D850's automatic film reversing software:

Jillian

Petrified Wood

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom