Share 2019 Octoberfest - Bucket

This caught my eye, and it seemed like the perfect antidote to the wet and gray morning that Klaus, and others, had experienced. I like the curve and the colors, but I couldn't back up anymore to get the top of the trees.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Sure do have big in focus range with smaller iPad sensor, even wide angle wide open.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
October 3rd - just around breakfast

(1) Prepared to go

(2) A nap after breakfast feels well

Enjoy
Klaus

Sure do have big in focus range with smaller iPad sensor, even wide angle wide open. View attachment 1647277
Wide angle exaherates every little bit of tilt. While the post on the right looks as it was leaning outwards only because of the perspective, the building certainly hangs to the left, or not? Difficult to concentrate in such things with a tablet or phone.
October 3rd - just around breakfast

(1) Prepared to go
View attachment 1647289

(2) A nap after breakfast feels well
View attachment 1647290

Enjoy
Klaus
Yes sure, as our son: 8.30 am -> tired for the first time... :p

In these situations, we tend to remain brutal: sleep not allowed yet. Come on, if he (you?) sleeps from 8.30am to 10, then again before (and after) lunch, and a quick nap at 3pm, and yet another one before dinner...

I WANT TO SLEEP AT NIGHT!

For retirees, everything's different, then. Do what ever you like, when ever you like. You earned the right to do so ;)

As long as etiquette isn't infringed.

In these situations, we tend to remain brutal: sleep not allowed yet. Come on, if he (you?) sleeps from 8.30am to 10, then again before (and after) lunch, and a quick nap at 3pm, and yet another one before dinner...

For retirees, everything's different, then. Do what ever you like, when ever you like. You earned the right to do so ;)

(y)(y)(y)

Of them many candle light shots I made for today's contribution, this is one I liked, but not enough to make it my pick.

It's more about the books and flames and less about the ambience of the room, and there are no "flame bursts". I lavished my f/1.8 dof on Sibley and the rest of the scene falls away into mystery.

Meme3-019_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Chris

Ahem.

When I retired 9 months ago, I took on some additional responsibilities. My daughter is a single parent. (I won't say it's through no fault of her own, but her fault is of poor character judgement. Didn't we all have that trait in our youth?) My wife and I told her we would help by watching Royce while she's at work or in school. He's 2 and a handful. (He's also the best kid ever! See my picture thread.) Also my son decided to move "back home" last summer. He's also a handful, but a completely different kind.

Don't get me wrong, I love these kids to pieces, and would do anything for them. They are the best. But every now and then, I miss the simplicity of managing a mere 38 adjunct faculty, a dozen professors and a couple thousand students day in and day out. Those were, as they say, the salad days. This stuff is hard!

Real Name
Chris
Here's a more comprehensive look at my work space:

But every now and then, I miss the simplicity of managing a mere 38 adjunct faculty, a dozen professors and a couple thousand students day in and day out. Those were, as they say, the salad days. This stuff is hard!
Hah, I remember those days too, but have left them far behind. I miss the students, or to be precise, interacting with them. I miss a few colleagues, but the ones I care about are also retired and we meet often over coffee, wine and food and walks. I do not miss the politics and the roller-coaster policies. Besides, if I was still a working stiff, I wouldn't be part of this Octoberfest.

Ufff, I got away this time. It stoped staring, seemed to relax somehow, and walked off. Finally. Gives me at least one more day, this October. Who knows what's next... Maybe this one was vegetarian...

Three legged space gazelle

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/2.0​

Here are some alternative shots from three of the first five days of the shoot.

Day 2 - The Canal Walkway, this time with perspective corrected:

Day 4 - The Cubit as Originally Shot (uncorrected)

Day 5 - Pickles, My Grand-Puppy looking more like a dog than a yawn

Finally caught up (early Saturday morning) with the photos. I WILL get to visit your sites this weekend.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom