Critique 2019 Octoberfest - Chris101 - Poser - 35mm Summicron on film - 31 Oct - fin

Real Name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Day 26: Ghostly-Go-Round
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There was nobody there!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Once again, that merry go round blur with the static front is simply wowser. Lots to like...just had to reiterate my thoughts again.

Real Name
Chris
One of my favorites Chris, truly.
Thanks Wade! I wasn't sure about this one myself.

Yes please. And not just for the peace and quiet.
Tganks David! It is very peaceful when nobody is at the train station!

Very cool! Is the Roycester one of the ghostly riders?
He's not tall enough to ride by himself (has to be 42 inches. He's 37 or 38 inches tall - can't tell exactly because of the motion blur.)

Once again, that merry go round blur with the static front is simply wowser. Lots to like...just had to reiterate my thoughts again.
Thanks again!. I think this must've been 1/8 or 1/4 second, so probably a deep red filter (cause it's daylight.) I've not been taking as many notes as when I started the month! :arghh:

Real Name
Chris
This is SO EXCELLENT! I presume this was with the Washi F? Did you know when you released the shutter the film would render the blurred highlights so well?
Yes, and this is how much of a math nerd I am: I counted the seconds for a revolution, and figured how long an exposure would be needed for a 20-30% elongation. And yes, based on the bald sky (Washi F is nearly orthochromatic - it's not sensitive to red at all. Makes indoor pictures especially challenging. But I love the 'sploochy' thing it does with light so much, I'm gonna keep using it for a while) it's Washi F. Why oh why can't they find a way of combining the light handling of F with the spectral sensitivity of Z. That film would be so close to HIE, which I consider the best film ever ...

ps, I just watched Time Zero on Panther's recommendation. I'm thinking, "Isn't it just chemistry that is needed to combine the behaviors of two films? After all, in the movie they duplicated what Polaroid did in the 70s, 80s, 90s and the first part of the naughts with real-time developing film, without any of the previous chemicals of process notes! Surely a company (Washi) that has all the components to get the film we want can do it? Maybe they need chemists? Hey, I'm a chemist! There must be a couple already in France though."

Day 22: There's Better Track on the Other Side of the Fence
View attachment 1648722
Lovely to continue the story of Royce and that train station
Day 23: Follow the Track
View attachment 1648725
… and the impressive track construction, bridged, and it's length. With this film ;)
(y)
Day 25: Run!
View attachment 1648753

Ever notice how in any cartoon or comedy sketch, the protagonist always runs directly away from a pursuing train along the track, rather than taking two steps either right or left? This teaches the lesson of comedy over practicality.
Yeah, a monster, run! It MUST be like that: along the tracks. The only way to make sure the comic superhero finally gets over-run ;)
Day 26: Ghostly-Go-Round
View attachment 1648879

There was nobody there!
Yes, your math worked out ;)

Real Name
Chris
Lovely to continue the story of Royce and that train station
… and the impressive track construction, bridged, and it's length. With this film ;)
(y)
Yeah, a monster, run! It MUST be like that: along the tracks. The only way to make sure the comic superhero finally gets over-run ;)
Yes, your math worked out ;)
Thanks for catching up! Now I've got some catching up to do myself!

Real Name
Chris
Day 27: Still on Track
stillontrack.jpg

Washi F

Last edited:
Real Name
Chris
Day 28: The Poodles Think It's 1962
poodlesofthemorning.jpg

Washi Z with no filter

Last edited:
Real Name
Chris
Day 29: Scariness Lurks in the Tunnel
spidertrain.jpg

Washi F

Last edited:
Real Name
Chris
Day 30: The Last Ta-Da of the Day
thelasttadaoftheday.jpg

Washi F

Last edited:
Real Name
Andy
Day 27: Still on Track
Day 28: The Poodles Think It's 1962
Washi Z with no filter
Day 29: Scariness Lurks in the Tunnel
Day 30: The Last Ta-Da of the Day
In #27 and #30, Royce looks like he is jumping out of frame. You have quickly mastered the Washi F in my estimation. #28 Looks surreal. The lighting in this image is represented in a nearly alien way. #29 Looks like two of the bots from our other Octoberfest colleague. Is that what you were going for? If so, success!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom