Critique 2019 Octoberfest - Chris101 - Poser - 35mm Summicron on film - 31 Oct - fin

Real Name
Chris
Ha, these are good!

Thanks Roland! This is my 3rd attempt at shooting the ghosts. I don't know why, but they just don't show up on IR film. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Bravo!

And you say that like it is a bad thing.

Thank you!

Not at all a bad thing David. Not what I imagined at the start though. My daughter's work got busy, and I and Becky "volunteered" to watch him during the day while she's gone. He can be a handful, but it's a blast. As a model, he works pretty cheap, a couple train rides a week keeps him posing. I bought a year long train pass, it's paid for itself already (and the season just started August 31.)

18: Ghosts have sort of an Area 51 sort of look, but what are they doing in AZ?
19: Sibling "rivalry" or some such interaction that adults just don't get.
20: Brave fella--going head to head with a monster.

Hey Nick! Good to see you back. What a long trip you've had.
18: I think they manifested in the neighborhood. I've been seeing them all over lately.
19: Oh he's just checking out a girl at the carrousel ride. After that we rode the train and she sat in front of us. They said something to each other, but I couldn't understand what it was.
20: He had quite the battle with it. I'll post more of it in the bucket.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
See you identified your theme! Royce! And it is best illustrated in image number 20! The lean and subjects are a perfect match, great studio developing again!

Real Name
Chris
See you identified your theme! Royce! And it is best illustrated in image number 20! The lean and subjects are a perfect match, great studio developing again!

I did indeed Wade. That picture is a big hit around the house, for sure. I'll post pictures of my "darkroom" in an epilog when the shooting is over for the month.

Day 18 - Love the simplicity of the ghosts, Chris.
Day 19 - Beats me. Let's go get an ice cream.
Day 20 - Priceless shot, Chris, and technically excellent.

Great work. Follows a pattern.

Real Name
Chris
Thanks Harry. Thanks Andy. The ghosts are my daughter's creation.

Royce is not only photogenic, but one great kid too. I love hanging out with him. We went to visit some (full sized, real) tank cars on a side track today. He was amazed by the size, and how “dirty” they were. If the pics come out (I love saying that) I’ll post them soon.

Real Name
Paul
Day 20: Pushing Back
View attachment 1648506
I have finally nailed exposure on Washi Z! EI 50 (!!), Seven and a half minutes in HC110 dilution b (codeveloped with the above roll of Delta 400.) I used a B+W 090 filter.

I've got to give a nod to Roland's world for the antagonist in this picture. I've thought all along these creatures are fighting for total supremacy - they seem to be making real headway - not only in his thread, but in others, including this one! :eek:

Fortunately someone is pushing back!
Awesome shot! The caption is perfect.

Real Name
Chris
Real Name
Chris
Day 21: Late Afternoon Trestle Bridge Inspection
trackinspection.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The train didn't run today, so we did some track inspection. I usually don't let him play on the bridge (as per the sign), but it was a special day.

Ooo. Looks like I've got some dust on the 'sensor' too! :arghh:

I have come to realize that my thread story is essentially 31 days of Royce.
Which is a wonderful story, theme, for the proud granddad to shoot.
Day 19: What's That 2
View attachment 1648505
Delta 400 exposed at iso 400, developed for seven and a half minutes in HC110 dilution B at 20 degrees celcius. (same roll as above)
This is wonderful, and I really like the shirt, even if I only can read 'trouble' and cannot be sure if and what's more on that shirt ;)
Day 20: Pushing Back
View attachment 1648506
I have finally nailed exposure on Washi Z! EI 50 (!!), Seven and a half minutes in HC110 dilution b (codeveloped with the above roll of Delta 400.) I used a B+W 090 filter.

I've got to give a nod to Roland's world for the antagonist in this picture. I've thought all along these creatures are fighting for total supremacy - they seem to be making real headway - not only in his thread, but in others, including this one! :eek:

Fortunately someone is pushing back!
Glad you took up the story, a bit, and really worried they're over there, also, and already!!! :eek:
This shot gives an Impression on how big the things are, and it's a lovely portrait anyway! Great expression!
Thanks Roland! This is my 3rd attempt at shooting the ghosts. I don't know why, but they just don't show up on IR film. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?
The day you get visited by things ONLY visible in IR shots, I'll be REALLY afraid! Argh...
I bought a year long train pass, it's paid for itself already (and the season just started August 31.)
Clever, Sir, clever, yet hilariously funny (not to say dangerous ;) ) to imagine the outcome, once he knows how to manipulate you :D
View attachment 1648573

The train didn't run today, so we did some track inspection. I usually don't let him play on the bridge (as per the sign), but it was a special day.

Dust? I'm new to that, but just because it hasn't been said for at least 3 sentences: You're just terrific at mastering film, films, development, handling! Bow down, we mere mortals ;)

Thanks Harry. Thanks Andy. The ghosts are my daughter's creation.

Royce is not only photogenic, but one great kid too. I love hanging out with him. We went to visit some (full sized, real) tank cars on a side track today. He was amazed by the size, and how “dirty” they were. If the pics come out (I love saying that) I’ll post them soon.
Look forward to it very much, Chris.

He's probably thinking "I'm sure glad that those safety rails are there .... I don't want to fall into that deep ravine on my next ride!" ;)

That dust is a killer, huh?

Wonderful work on the bridge - we have seen young Mr Royce at full speed, at full play and now in contemplation. He is a star.

Real Name
Paul
View attachment 1648573

"Hey Junior, why don't you go play on the train tracks for a while..." :) Well done on the shot, BTW.

Real Name
Chris
Thanks for your thoughts Andy, Nick, Roli, Harry, David and Paul.

Most likely Nick. I see retirement as a way to get back to what I wanted to do before that whole 'go to work/school everyday' thing got started. Me and Royce play almost every day.

Paul, wait til you see where he ends up!

Latest threads

Top Bottom