Critique 2019 Octoberfest - Commodorefirst (Wade) - Hardcore - 2018 ipad 6 at widest setting - October 31, finis, or as I say as a musician Fine.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Up very early for this shot before sunrise inside my parents home. I liked the conversion.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Up very early for this shot before sunrise inside my parents home. I liked the conversion.
I agree on your Day 21 vertical shot, Wade. Best to move to Day 22. This worked extremely well, both as a composition and as a BW conversion. I just wish they were natural flowers (I'm pretty sure from the serrated petals and uniform thicknesses that they are not, is that correct?) Have fun in the sun!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I agree on your Day 21 vertical shot, Wade. Best to move to Day 22. This worked extremely well, both as a composition and as a BW conversion. I just wish they were natural flowers (I'm pretty sure from the serrated petals and uniform thicknesses that they are not, is that correct?) Have fun in the sun!
Correct, metal lamp base with painted metal flowers, very unique lamp.

Your last two pics provide a great contrast Wade. From almost kitsch "postcard-y" palm trees to a wonderfully composed still life. Colour as opposed to b/w. One image taken at the limit of the devices capabilities and another which looks as cool as a cucumber.
Well played!

Yea! We have arrived in Florida to visit my parents (both over 80). Whew, glad the trek is over, now for some photos the last 10 days,

Image title
“Home is where you hang your hat”

Liked the sun burst reflections, thought I would toss my hat on the truck as added interest.

I am parked near my parents at the public library for WiFi since cellular is so weak at their metal framed and sided winter snow bird home.

Starting fresh tomorrow. Day of rest today.

View attachment 1648523
I too like all the reflections, and it is a stylish hat (I don't have one :( )

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Hmmm, on a recent B&W kick, since I am enjoying learning the conversion process on the iPad.

Miami apartment skyline:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love the b/w world and showing Miami (which is famous for its colour palette) in b/w is a masterstroke. Great conversion and you have made a really striking image.

Real Name
Chris
The flower/plant in Tuesday's picture is so delicate looking. You have seemingly placed each tone carefully by hand. It's a gorgeous picture.

Miami looks exactly as I remember from my last visit. That was in 1964, and I think everything was black and white then.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Dave, Chris, Paul, Nick, Andy,
Harry, thanks for the comments, and Paul, you probably like the lighter BW conversion in the bucket over my ultra dark.

Thanks all.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom