Critique 2019 Octoberfest - Commodorefirst (Wade) - Hardcore - 2018 ipad 6 at widest setting - October 31, finis, or as I say as a musician Fine.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok, up before sunrise, Goal, drive to beach and take a sunrise shot with an iPad. Most mornings have been poor regarding either clouds, rain etc, but today looked promising. My parents live about 15 min from the beach. Others located in bucket.

“AM Sunrise”

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The carving is very cool, Wade and the sunrise is well done. It looks as if you were there at the perfect time- well worth the early start.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
27: Looks like you stayed awake long enough to nail a great sunrise. The sky is amazing. My one quibble is that the foreground plants are not up to the task, lacking in contrast a bit.
Yes, in the bucket I have them more as shot, and no shadow recovery, thought about pure silhouette too for foreground. Decisions decisions. Nick, Do you suggest leaving darker, or recover more? I ran into noise in that area trying to do to much.

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
The carving is very cool, Wade and the sunrise is well done. It looks as if you were there at the perfect time- well worth the early start.
Thanks David, glad the weather cooperated, first morning possibility since Tuesday that had this potential.

Real Name
Andy
“1965 Kitsch”. Story in bucket area.
It's challenging to make a good image of artwork without simply "recording" it in a way intended for someone to give the image a glance and move on. You've done well here to maintain the eye's interest here.
“AM Sunrise”
Here you've really optimized the iPad's capability. I see plenty of dynamic range in this rich and colorful image, much more than you'd expect from the small sensor. Well done.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Tough job hoping for the weather to cooperate. Looks like you got a nice sunrise.
Always glad when timing works out.

Oh you nailed it Wade, and nailed it good! The colors are amazing, and the setting superb! I love it (and want to be there!)
I am missing my fall cool weather in Missouri. Another record heat day down here.

It's challenging to make a good image of artwork without simply "recording" it in a way intended for someone to give the image a glance and move on. You've done well here to maintain the eye's interest here.

Here you've really optimized the iPad's capability. I see plenty of dynamic range in this rich and colorful image, much more than you'd expect from the small sensor. Well done.
Thanks for the comments, yes the small sensor did ok, up until the sun actually rise above the horizon.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Continued to be amazed at the macro closeup abilities of this iPad. Just inches away. Only editing was a slight vignette blur around outside of image to help center image and focus eye.

“Florida Rust”

D06C2F77-7FE3-4546-B7DD-1717F0F97649.jpeg

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Grrrr. Went to Lake Okeechobee today. Guess what this idiot did, forgot my friggin ipad! Used my spouses older iPad Air two, but I know I cannot legally post those here, even though nearly the same camera.

Anyway, after back at my parents, I walked outside and took a snapshot and took my frustration out on an image and blasted it with post work to a weird BW high contrast abstract.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom