Critique 2019 Octoberfest - Commodorefirst (Wade) - Hardcore - 2018 ipad 6 at widest setting - October 31, finis, or as I say as a musician Fine.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
These look like the accessories of a down-to-earth practical person.
Thanks, I am a practical guy, and always try and be prepared!

Oh, we have not had a 'what's in my bag' shot, haven't we? Nice stuff, fitting together well!
I thought of that when I posted the image last night.

And yes, this turned out better than it had any right to ;)
Pianist... ;)
Flexibility, 9ths and 10ths.

Very well, it seems. Thanks for another day of increasing my appetite for one of those things.
You are Welcome!

Hi Wade. Went through your entries and couldn’t believe it’s from an iPad camera. Showcase of your great skill and creativity.
Thanks Phil, some are better than others, usually about subject and lighting.

I've been off the grid for a few days, so do excuse the big dump of comments.

Borders: the diagonals and the contrasting textures really stand out in that light.
SEMO Campus: You did well in that flat light. The contrast between the bridge and the building (curved?) is a plus too. Having the historical comparison makes this even more significant.
Blue abstract: whatever it is, it has my attention. Nice even lighting.
Hiway: Besides the obvious motion the overall sense is one of calm--that early morning light is so special.
Pocket dump: Looks like you must be traveling with a full production studio, lights, etc. :D That is a very nice shot.
Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on all the images. Appreciate it greatly!

Well, Wade, you certainly demonstrate that the iPad does landscape very well, gloom or not. Actually, ignoring the weather, it really looks like nice countryside. And look at it this way ..... how would you feel if you had also experienced Atlanta's stop and go on top of all this?

Showcasing your creativity as well as the capabilities of your tool of choice, Wade. The "daily carry" shot is a classic and the landscape is well done. Hang in there and don't let the frustrations of being on the road get your down.

Real Name
Chris
The hills around Chattanooga are beautiful, and your picture shows it! Sorry for your evil day, but it's over now - I'm imagining the singing sun from the end of Roger Rabbit.

You pocket dump. Have you tried whispering "I'm Batman"?

Two great shots from a camera most would never consider. Wow.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Yea! We have arrived in Florida to visit my parents (both over 80). Whew, glad the trek is over, now for some photos the last 10 days,

Image title
“Home is where you hang your hat”

Liked the sun burst reflections, thought I would toss my hat on the truck as added interest.

I am parked near my parents at the public library for WiFi since cellular is so weak at their metal framed and sided winter snow bird home.

Starting fresh tomorrow. Day of rest today.

322F4036-4D19-4FD7-9BCA-DDF2D7BFE16B.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Thanks all, nice night of sleep, fixed all my typos and spelling errors from my hurried posts the last few days, time to see some of the other images in your threads.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
An on the ground looking up vertical perspective, titled “Twins”

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
An on the ground looking up vertical perspective, titled “Twins”

View attachment 1648562
I like this composition, but perhaps this is the first image in your thread whose image quality permits me to recognize that it was taken with a mobile device. Said another way, your other images could easily pass for photos taken with a more robust imaging device.

Well, it looks like you are speeding down the highway, holding your iPad out the window with one hand, stretching your pinky down to push the button! Great illusion, or wanton disregard for physics? :woot:
That's what I thought. Nice shot! Sounds like you have a busy agenda.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I like this composition, but perhaps this is the first image in your thread whose image quality permits me to recognize that it was taken with a mobile device. Said another way, your other images could easily pass for photos taken with a more robust imaging device.
You hit the nail on the head, I was not enamored with this perspective shot and the iPad did not seem to like the harsh light or highlights and shadows. Thanks for the comment.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom