Critique 2019 Octoberfest - Commodorefirst (Wade) - Hardcore - 2018 ipad 6 at widest setting - October 31, finis, or as I say as a musician Fine.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Crazy I am. Traveling will be. Star Wars recently watched I have.

Ok enough of that.... As stated traveling a lot, will have my ipad for ease of uploading, no camera gear on these trips, so I decided to participate this year using my 6 gen ipad 2018 model. Usually I travel so much I have never participated, well solution found, I always have my ipad.

Last edited:
Hi Wade - welcome! This will interesting to watch, phone/ tablets cams have come a long way from the early days.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Oct 1

Ok, first image, early am, at a local Dr.’s Office, it just was there for the taking. And is this cheating or allowed sharing both color and b&w version?

Love the symmetry of the windows.

8E7574CF-D94C-4202-BF4B-6988038111C4.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

CBE86C5D-4E82-4E44-B792-C4DB8D74FCA2.jpeg

Post work with built in iPad software. 7:30 am

Last edited:
Real Name
Chris
Do you hand hold or use some sort of support? I look at photographing with an iPad similarly as I would to using an 8x10 view camera. The black and white is ok, but unlike reds and greens, blue and deeper blue sing for me!

This is going to be fun - I haven't really paid attention to photos from tablets. Cool tool to have when traveling.

Of the two, I'd prefer the color.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Do you hand hold or use some sort of support? I look at photographing with an iPad similarly as I would to using an 8x10 view camera. The black and white is ok, but unlike reds and greens, blue and deeper blue sing for me!

Hand hold all the way. I have a cover that gets in the way and flops around.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
i like the black and white version, interesting choice of gear

Well, I have plenty of gear, but traveling a lot this month, so the iPad will ease the daily uploads, but I will for sure miss the dof abilities of my primes and wide aperture lenses.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Ok, was traveling around St. Louis, and then three hours on the road to our home down in Southeast Mo. I remembered that the Bollinger Mill state historic site is nearby, and while I have imaged it many times with good gear I gave it a whirl with the iPad. Sheesh, even wide angle is not wide enough, so I opted for a shot above the porch much like my doctors office yesterday, and no, this is not a theme. Backing up was not an option, so here is a wide angle vertical with the iPad. A B&W conversion is here in the bucket area, I like the color tones of the bricks in color: https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/2019-octoberfest-bucket.318680/#post-4046000

55279480-A90F-4390-8C42-568E060CCD2C.jpeg

Last edited:
Real Name
Chris
It may not be a theme, but the composition of your first two shots surely suggests that you are up against a goliath image. I like it!

I think the words said The C????? Milling Company?

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
I'm really impressed with the first couple of images Wade. Photography is, after all, much more about imagination and ideas than it is about gear.
Although I am normally very much a black and white guy, I strongly prefer the colour version of your first picture - the sky, the glass and the stonework all work wonderfully together. It is just screaming out for a cloud reflected in that glass!
Number 2 is another good effort. The limitations of shooting a fixed focal length, huh?!
Looking forward to seeing more.

Latest threads

Top Bottom