Critique 2019 Octoberfest - Commodorefirst (Wade) - Hardcore - 2018 ipad 6 at widest setting - October 31, finis, or as I say as a musician Fine.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Being stubborn today, shooting Palm trees again, grrr. May be my nemesis down here. Trying better am light. I decided not as much a perspective shot, but more about the bark texture.

Color here, BW in the bucket.

6A04C7A2-FD1C-4848-AE9F-AC0FAEBFA226.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Being stubborn today, shooting Palm trees again, grrr. May be my nemesis down here. Trying better am light. I decided not as much a perspective shot, but more about the bark texture.

Color here, BW in the bucket.
I like this very much, Wade. Beyond it being an obviously really well done shot of the trunk as well as the leaves, I find the "leaning in" of the smaller trees at the bottom of the frame adding an interesting element to what otherwise could be a static picture.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Final tree image, this time a very large Pine tree, and my backside was covered in needles, seems that laying down gets the best perspective, go figure.

BW over in bucket.

C3E37D8E-8D53-412B-A46D-A893EF9F5529.jpeg

Wonderful color and texture, Wade. Does that pad do focus from here to infinity? The equivalent f-stop must be something else.

You shot to have the tree trunk lead the eye, and the tree obliged nicely. Wonderfully composed.

Real Name
Andy
Final tree image, this time a very large Pine tree, and my backside was covered in needles, seems that laying down gets the best perspective, go figure.

BW over in bucket.
Beautifully composed and exposed. The trunk provides a strong leading line to the pine needles on the left which look like puffs against the blue sky, while the ones on the right are star-like against the clouds. Good work!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Like it a lit. Very much a natural perspective. Wonder, could you have used the front side camera without getting in the frame (to prevent lying down on the job)?

Yes, but it is a different lens, 1.2mp camera f2.2, not near the quality.

Great perspective. The texture of the tree, contrast with the sky, all works out well.

Thanks, appreciate it Paul.

The perspective is great Wade! Nick is right about the BW version in the bucket. The lack of color changes this picture radically!

Thanks Chris. Color does change this, I got blue skies, made sure I was going color with that and brown bark.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Beautifully composed and exposed. The trunk provides a strong leading line to the pine needles on the left which look like puffs against the blue sky, while the ones on the right are star-like against the clouds. Good work!

Thanks Andy, worth the dirty clothes.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Does that pad do focus from here to infinity? The equivalent f-stop must be something else.

Harry, that is one thing these small sensors have is a huge focus area even shooting wide open at f2.4. Just incredible which has bonus for some shots, but then again portraiture and isolation issues are tough to do.

Great contrasts in the shots of your palm and pine trees Wade. Not only the shape of the trees, but the texture of the trunks and the chosen points of view.
Both nicely done.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
“1965 Kitsch”. Story in bucket area.

9BDDA1D5-8229-4A22-A344-C6115B737A0B.jpeg

Attachments

• 2159BDEC-01DB-4A38-97A4-54438A206F91.jpeg
    2159BDEC-01DB-4A38-97A4-54438A206F91.jpeg
    499.5 KB · Views: 92

Latest threads

Top Bottom