Critique 2019 Octoberfest - les_au - player - 35/1.8 dx 105/1.8 day 20

Real Name
Andy
day 12 - something quick
Though this looks like a quick on-camera flash capture, it is a fine image. Sharp, colorful, with a pure black background - nicely done!
day 14 - abstract of herb
running out of idea at the moment for things to photograph,
I know exactly what you mean. My Octoberfest effort is taking its toll on me also. To use an analogy from running, I feel like I ran the first half of a marathon a bit faster than my fitness allowed, and now yearn to walk for a mile or two. Keep the pace - we'll finish together!

Good to see you hanging in there, Les.

The clouds look like Japanese cranes in the air to me. Very cool.
The aerial shot of the dust tells a very sad story- I was in Wagga last month very briefly and although it is greener there than in most other areas, it seems to be very superficial and more rain is (desperately) needed.
Burger with the lot. Yes please!

Clouds: By leaving out the ground these become so much more mysterious.
Dust: Yikes. Been following this on the news.
Beer and Burger: Always a good end to a day when it involves a beer and burger.

Real Name
Chris
The areal shot is wild - iPhone or not, it totally counts just cause it's so cool. It looks like a huge hole that you are hovering over.

And of course, who doesn't love a burger and beer!

I love all of them. Clouds, especially without a landscape, make for a 'simple' subject, but challenging composition, and it turned out well. Dust is another impressive display of natural power, while beer and burger… Need I say anything about that ? ;)

Real Name
Chris
Hi Les, your pictures ran the gammut from the everyday to the extreme, yet each one rang true. Thank you so much for playing this month. I will surely watch for your posts in the threads of the Cafe!

I trust that all is ok, Les and I hope that the rain arrives before the real heat of summer. It was good to be able to see your work again - thanks for joining in and making Oktoberfest a better place.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom