Share 2019 Octoberfest - Signup HERE

I even thought of using the 85 pc micro, to bring up a new thing, and... realised I already shot Octoberfest 2013 with it, along the 28/1.4D... Damn!
Leica Summilux-R 80/1.4? Go player and use it with the Leica Elmarit-R 24/2.8 ? Choices...

Real Name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry, boys and girls… I... still cannot decide on what lens to use.

Then I thought yes, I got it, the 50/1.2 - and now there are so many using fifties… I may use a different focal length. Or the same? Hmm, choices...

I'm in, that for sure, just my decide on the lens in the last second.
I even thought of using the 85 pc micro, to bring up a new thing, and... realised I already shot Octoberfest 2013 with it, along the 28/1.4D... Damn!
Leica Summilux-R 80/1.4? Go player and use it with the Leica Elmarit-R 24/2.8 ? Choices...
The fifty you have is like no other though. There are bokey things you can do at f/1.2 that even a 1.4 can't. Not to mention half again more available darkness.

But the other lenses you mention are also cool. The 85 is so exotic, the 28 so beautiful. I don't see an issue with reusing a lens you have 'fested with before. I've used both of my focal lengths before.

What camera would you be shooting your Leica lenses with? I have a friend who swears by Leica R.

Real Name
Chris
Ah, I should have guessed! It seems to be the camera to beat these days. I bought my D850 about a month ago, but I was this close >< to buying a Z7 instead. I'm looking forward to your 'fest offerings.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Sorry, boys and girls… I... still cannot decide on what lens to use.

Then I thought yes, I got it, the 50/1.2 - and now there are so many using fifties… I may use a different focal length. Or the same? Hmm, choices...

I'm in, that for sure, just my decide on the lens in the last second.
But Roland,
f/1.2 is special... :) :) :)

Kind regards
Klaus

I haven't been here for a while, This last year was busy. Since I can't post every day, I can participate this year as a Poser, D810, lenses I may use 35mm f1.8, 60mm D micro, 135mm F2, 200mm D F4 micro, 300mm D AFS F4.

Had to make a change.

I thought I had gotten to the point I could roam a bit with the heavier gear - I'm not there yet. :(

Pentax heavyweights swapped for Fuji lightweights. Thread updated.

Real Name
Chris
Had to make a change.

I thought I had gotten to the point I could roam a bit with the heavier gear - I'm not there yet. :(

Pentax heavyweights swapped for Fuji lightweights. Thread updated.
I've updated your listing in the 'Table of Contents' list.

One cool thing is that now you have a consistent f/2.0 across your lens stable.

Decided against f/1.2, @kilofoxtrott.

Finally, I think I got it:
20190929_221721.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

20190929_221447.jpg

20190929_221409.jpg

20190929_221646.jpg

Leitz Wetzlar Summilux-R 1:1.4 80mm lens on Nikon Z7 camera, Novoflex adapter ring

Hardcore, just this one kit

:facepalm:

Had a card write failure on the X-H1 while checking my gear today. Second time this has happened this month, can't remember if it is the same slot or same card different slot. I hate changing things after starting, so I'm leaning to going back to the K-1, but with just 2 of the small primes and stick to inside shooting if the weather turns wet.

I'm going to think about it tonight and make a decision tomorrow.

The world is a strange and fascinating thing... and definitely round.

Apologies for being absent for so long, but I have had lots of other things on my plate and have just returned from a month in Australia. Interestingly enough, during my time down under, I managed to connect with Roli on Instagram and he was asking whether or not I would be participating in Oktoberfest. How could I not?
Still unsure as to my choice of lens but will shoot the old faithful D700 and will be back later in the day to declare a lens and start my personal thread.

Thanks for hosting, Chris and it is great to see so many other familiar faces here!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Hi folks,
I beg your pardon...
I've changed the headlines in a few cases to allow better sorting.
"2019" first, then "Octoberfest"...

Kind regards
Klaus

Real Name
Chris
Hey David! Welcome back to you as well. I was wondering if we would see your ... well, eye and half an ear this time around. This is the first 'fest I've been in since 2014, when I dropped off the face of the earth. Well, now I'm back, and so are you. Yay!

Klaus, I had noticed that too. But I don't seem to have my (bzzzt, bzzzt, gesturing super-heroicly) superpowers anymore, so thanks!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
The world is a strange and fascinating thing... and definitely round.

Apologies for being absent for so long, but I have had lots of other things on my plate and have just returned from a month in Australia. Interestingly enough, during my time down under, I managed to connect with Roli on Instagram and he was asking whether or not I would be participating in Oktoberfest. How could I not?
Still unsure as to my choice of lens but will shoot the old faithful D700 and will be back later in the day to declare a lens and start my personal thread.

Thanks for hosting, Chris and it is great to see so many other familiar faces here!
Wow, David!

Was it my fault that you vanished for such a long time?
We've met at Romanshorn and then you was gone...
Hopefully I didn't said something wrong?

Wonderful you're showing up again
Klaus

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I'm going Poser and will be using the 25mm f/1.7 on my Olympus OMD-EM10. I'll be posting 3 days a week; Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom