Share 2019 Octoberfest - Signup HERE

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Ok, first timer, going hardcore, traveling a whole lot this month, so I am going to use my 2018 ipad 6 at the widest setting. Doing this for ease of daily upload and not having cpu or gear with me, and the challenge.

Wow, David!

Was it my fault that you vanished for such a long time?
We've met at Romanshorn and then you was gone...
Hopefully I didn't said something wrong?

Wonderful you're showing up again
Klaus
Hi Klaus,

nothing to do with you or our meeting at all. I was tangled up in a lot of family business which is twice as difficult because everyone is so far away and have not devoted any time at all to photography. I'm hoping that the challenge of another Oktoberfest will be good for my creative juices.

OK. Barring any more gear issues or other unforeseen things...

@Chris101

K-1, 31/1.8, 43/1.9, 77/1.8, still sticking with player mode.

Last edited:
@Chris101

Well, I bit off more than I can chew at the moment. Not quite ready for what I had planned for the month. Went out too early yesterday and got too active, got ill and had to head home before getting any shots. Felt bad all day.

So, I need to change to Poser status if you'll permit the change. I'd like to still participate this year, just need to do it at a more leisurely pace. Same gear.

I'll be back over the next day or two to catch up on everyone's threads.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
@Chris101

Well, I bit off more than I can chew at the moment. Not quite ready for what I had planned for the month. Went out too early yesterday and got too active, got ill and had to head home before getting any shots. Felt bad all day.

So, I need to change to Poser status if you'll permit the change. I'd like to still participate this year, just need to do it at a more leisurely pace. Same gear.

Get well!

@Chris101

Don't hurry, don't rush. We'll take your pictures at any pace, nevermind. Take your time, get well.

Real Name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Chris101

Yeah, for sure Gordon. Take good care of yourself. Besides (and this is secret, so keep it between us) the poser status is the best one. They pay top models thousands of dollars an hour just to pose. The mountains will wait for you in any case.

Real Name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lower expectations always leads to less disappointment.

@Gordo , you can edit the first post of your Octoberfest thread, and change the title to reflect your new status. However, I believe the rules DO make allowances for emergency time off, so perhaps let "player" ride for a bit and see how you feel in a few ...

OK. Last Thursday really knocked the wind out of my sails. Going to have to chat with my Docs starting tomorrow. Don't know if I'll be able to do anything else for the month, but if I'll can, I'll post.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom