Share 2019 Octoberfest - Signup HERE

Real Name
Chris
Skip to the signup sheet.

Well, it's not early now! October snuck up on me, so here is the signup for Octoberfest 2019 here! (see post #13 below.)
Just add your information to this thread, and I will add you to the official list. Please do not forget to state what lens(es) you plan on shooting with.

(original post)
I know, I know. It seems early, but the next 55 days will pass quickly, so start thinking about it now.

Standard rules, or should we have restrictions and/or expansions.

For me, Octoberfest has been about storytelling, and I have a feeling that this October will have some damn good stories.

I'm ready, and I'm in!

Last edited:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Alright...alright...

Back for just a couple of minutes and here you are being all bossy and such, LOL! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

October should be just far away for me to get my act together, so count me in...! :p

Under 10 days now, is this going to serve as our discussion and sign-up thread or will that be a different one?

Inquiring minds and all that jazz... :bookworm:

Real Name
Chris
Welcome to Octoberfest 2019!

The actual shooting won't start until next Tuesday (I apologize for the short lead time.) This is the time to declare your participation (if you haven't already) and prepare to do some shooting next month.

Here are to proposed rules, note the divergence from the normal rules:

Octoberfest Rules, 2019

1. Shooting to be done with prime lens(es) (fixed focal length). Declare your chosen lens(es) in this thread. Your choice(s) will be listed in the 'contents' list.

2. Maximum of 31 images for the month in each participant's thread. (We will have a bucket thread for overflow images.)

3. Each participant is to start their own thread in order to share their work, titled in the following format:
    2019 Octoberfest – Name - Level of Participation – Lens(es) – date of last update (optional information)
    Example: 2019 Octoberfest – Chris101 – Player - 6mm f/2.8 Nikkor & 1600mm f/5.6 Leica – Oct. 01 (shot on expired Gold 400 film, with radioactive lens, cross processed in caffenol-C)
    Please make sure your thread is open by September 30, and modify your thread title every time you add a picture.

4. Level of participation:
    * Hardcore: 1 prime only for the month, posting every day. Make sure to only post photos from your declared gear in the Octoberfest threads.
    * Player: 2 or 3 primes for the month, posting as often as possible, try for every other day. Make sure to only post photos from your declared gear in the Octoberfest threads.
    * Poser: Any prime lens, post whenever you like, but comment as often as possible (every day preferred!)

5. Posting goal is one photo a day (hey, this is supposed to be a challenge after all.) Life can get in the way, so if you miss some posts that's fine, but please try to post photos for the majority of the month. If you are out of town, your computer breaks or you do not have internet access for a few days, etc... you may post missed photos once you return/ regain access – just make sure each day's photos are posted within your thread, in separate posts clearly labeled for the missed day(s). There is no need to obtain prior permission to miss days.

6. Comments from all participants on other participants' photos are appreciated. If a participant wishes to receive critique (either overtly, or by displaying the 'critique' label), and you choose to offer critique, please do so in a polite and helpful manner. If in doubt, leave it out. That said, if you are going to say something about another photographer's work, doing so is called critique. Wouldn't you prefer that your comments are interesting, especially to the Original Poster? Make them meaningful, and your 'critique' will be appreciated

7. Have fun and enjoy the company.
    This is the crux of the meme. Nikon Cafe is all about the cameraderie, so let's enjoy each other's company in a shooting and editing intensive environment for a month.

A list of participants (this may be edited as needed):

Name - level - lens(es)
kilofoxtrot - hardcore - 85mm f/1.4 D - Oct 1 Host
Chris101 - poser - Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 D, and 35mm f/2 Cohost
Palouse - hardcore - Nikkor AFS 50mm f/1.8G
LyndeeLoo - poser - Olympus 25mm f/1.7
Gordo - player - 31/1.8, 43/1.9, 77/1.8
NEF Said - hardcore - AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G - October 0th
Kry27 - hardcore - 80mm Summilux-R
acnomad (Andy) - hardcore - Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8
nuclearjock (Rick) - player - 200 f4 D micro, 85 f1.4 D - Oct 1
skidoo - poser - 35/1.8, 60/2.8 micro, 135/2, 200/4, 300/4
djh63 - hardcore - 50/1.2ais
Commodorefirst - hardcore - iPad6 rear camera, no zoom wide angle
Xapathan - tbd
Phil K - tbd
Harry Lavo - tbd
... and you?

As usual, if you have any comments about the meme, rules or questions, this is the place to post them!

Last edited:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I' participate.
Will go Hardcore - D3S with 85mm f/1.4 D only

From October 17th til the end of October I'll be in Portugal in vacation. Don't know if I can post. Hopefully later then.

Kind regards
Klaus

I have only 1 prime, and will be traveling (w/o internet access) for a week or so . . . . so,

I'm going to do Hardcore, (but with occasional lapses in posting - I can probably comment daily!)

Hardcore, Nikkor AFS 50, f/1.8G.

Real Name
Paul
I’ll join in. Will use only 50mm f1.4 ( as I’ve used my other primes in recent years and I cannot imagine trying t o do this with a 200mm f4 MF). Hardcore, and will try to post daily, but life has been very turbulent the past month.

Sorry, boys and girls… I... still cannot decide on what lens to use.

Then I thought yes, I got it, the 50/1.2 - and now there are so many using fifties… I may use a different focal length. Or the same? Hmm, choices...

I'm in, that for sure, just my decide on the lens in the last second.

Latest threads

Top Bottom