Critique 2019 Octoberfest - skidoo - poser - D810 with 35 F1.8, 60 F2.8 micro, 135 F2, 200 F4 micro, 300 F4 - Day 29

Real Name
Chris
Wow skidoo! The colors on these pictures is phenomenal! Not to mention the compositions - they could be from a travel brochure for Yellowstone! Now I wanna go.

Day 6, 200mm F4 micro lens - Headed home this morning, but spent the first hour or so at the Mammoth terraces before heading out. I know this must have been photographed millions of times, but Oh Well, its what I have for Day 6 :).
_HT42604.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Maybe photographed a million times, but I haven't seen them before. Well done Mike and thanks for sharing more from your part of the world.

Real Name
Chris
Day 6, 200mm F4 micro lens - Headed home this morning, but spent the first hour or so at the Mammoth terraces before heading out. I know this must have been photographed millions of times, but Oh Well, its what I have for Day 6 :).
Your color excitement surpasses any other pictures of this location I've seem. Your's could be used as an entire chemistry/physics/geology lesson in a single photograph. It's amazing!

35mm F1.8 lens. I saw this flag and took a shot considering it appropriate for Day 1. I have been out of service since. So, this is my first opportunity to post a photo
35mm - F1.8 lens. Day 2 was my first day in Yellowstone. This one at Sunset over the Madison river.
200mm F4 micro lens. Day 3, took a hike on the overlook.
35mm - F1.8 lens. Day 4, a rare clump of green grass in the Norris basin. Again, this is the first day I had the opportunity to post with service.
awesome set of images so far, love the landscapes in particular

Oh yes, more beauties to show - I like every one of the new series as much as the first few days' run.

Is it possible to include them into the posts so they show up bigger, instead of an attachment? Not meant to offend, just a question.
Done.. I didn't know it was that easy to do nor that it was even different. Thanks for asking.

200mm F4 Micro lens. Back to things near home such as these pumpkins. Day 7

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great shot! Im looking to do the same subject this month as well. You did a wonderful job on your shot.

Last edited:
As stated by others, good rendering of the zones differently in and out of focus, by the lens. And good composition of the shot and focusing, giving just enough to the foreground also (any slight bit more out of focus, the foreground pumpkins would disturb, I think. They don't the way you got them, but it's a thin red line you're wandering on).
I like it!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom