Critique 2019 Oktoberfest-djh63-(David)-Hardcore-D700 + 50/1.2AiS Day 20

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
My students hated me when they reached Junior high select band, I gave them the PAS rudiment sheets and started assigning the rudiments for the weekly tests, along with mallet scale sheets too. Great shot! Nicely done David!

So that's how they get music to fade away :D Even at f/8 that focus is very limited.
Nice transition from sharp detail to soft bokeh.
My students hated me when they reached Junior high select band, I gave them the PAS rudiment sheets and started assigning the rudiments for the weekly tests, along with mallet scale sheets too. Great shot! Nicely done David!
IT better be for a drum - otherwise that's one monotonous song!
Thank you all. This is the snare drum version of playing scales on other instruments- learning exercises to improve timekeeping and dexterity- all part of my learning to play the drumset.

I have not provided any EXIF data thus far in Oktoberfest and although many (if not all) of you are able to see this data, what you won't see is that I have used a 36mm extension tube for this shot which brought focus distance down to a matter of inches from the front element.

Shooting stopped down to f/8 also tells me that I need to clean my sensor :( I was a little preoccupied yesterday and attended a neighbour's funeral... I'm hoping that I would otherwise have noticed the dust bunnies and dealt with them appropriately.

Ten!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good Chris asked before, a drum, then. I was wondering about the "L" and "R" before, but that makes it clear. Are you (relatively) new to drumming? That's an instrument I believe to be insanely difficult to master. In other words, an instrument where very extreme things can be done. I used to say 'that's played faster than I can listen to it', whenever there's so much going on in a drummer's work you need many repeated listenings to finally get an idea of all that's done.
It's all about the perfect exposure, mate! ;) And the composition, again!

Lots to like, I am drawn to the curves vs vertical and linear lines!
Thank you Wade. It is certainly an interesting spot.

Love the mostly middle range tones and the mix of vertical and horizontal lines and the super curves. Good job seeing this and and even better job capturing and finishing it.
Thanks Nick.

I love the stairs and wall. Lots of interesting lines. The poll on the left is more of a distraction to me though.
I did try without the pole and thought that the frame lacked balance. Thanks Paul.

Nice use of leading lines and negative space. Also a very nice B&W conversion.
Thank you Andy.

Good Chris asked before, a drum, then. I was wondering about the "L" and "R" before, but that makes it clear. Are you (relatively) new to drumming? That's an instrument I believe to be insanely difficult to master. In other words, an instrument where very extreme things can be done. I used to say 'that's played faster than I can listen to it', whenever there's so much going on in a drummer's work you need many repeated listenings to finally get an idea of all that's done.

It's all about the perfect exposure, mate! ;) And the composition, again!
Indeed quite new to drumming - it does take a while to get one's limb independence under control and then there is still the challenge of timing and making the music groove. The drums are lots of fun (and unfortunately very loud) but I can imagine spending a lifetime learning and playing.

That's one imposing monolith!

Indeedy. It is actually a lift shaft - takes passengers from street level to the overhead street bridge and vice versa.

Eleven

Yes, I know. :p

Real Name
Chris
I love the color! That’s one of my favorite combinations. I’d probably enjoy being in that building (unless it’s a courthouse or dentist’s office.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Great contrasts in colors, and subjects, also, softness in the tree vs hardness and straight lines in station, I like this a lot.

Late to the game, David. I'm sorry.

I love the gravel pathway. It feels existential to me .... a tiny, momentary light being swallowed by the dark night.

An interesting leaf shot, as others have noted. I almost skimmed it before noticing its subtleties.

As others have noted, nice fade on the drum score. I had no idea there was such a thing as a drum score.

The staircase lines and shape, as others have noted, are superb. The shot also screams "solidarity" IMO.

Color? Shock! Nice variations on yellow, and nice juxtaposition of angular and irregular shapes. Plus nice composition. Well done!

See you soon elsewhere in the meme.

I love the color! That’s one of my favorite combinations. I’d probably enjoy being in that building (unless it’s a courthouse or dentist’s office.
In that case, would enjoy being in there. Part of a railway station and yes... the colour combination was just too good to give up.

Wonderful colors and composition.
Thanks Andy

Some more train related stuff! ;)
(hint to others: this is a railway station)

Good find, open eyes, mate!
Merci!

Really unusual color on the glass and the tree complements it very well. Well done.
Thank you Paul.

Great contrasts in colors, and subjects, also, softness in the tree vs hardness and straight lines in station, I like this a lot.
Many thanks Wade.

Late to the game, David. I'm sorry.

I love the gravel pathway. It feels existential to me .... a tiny, momentary light being swallowed by the dark night.

An interesting leaf shot, as others have noted. I almost skimmed it before noticing its subtleties.

As others have noted, nice fade on the drum score. I had no idea there was such a thing as a drum score.

The staircase lines and shape, as others have noted, are superb. The shot also screams "solidarity" IMO.

Color? Shock! Nice variations on yellow, and nice juxtaposition of angular and irregular shapes. Plus nice composition. Well done!

See you soon elsewhere in the meme.
Thanks for coming by and for your thoughts Harry. I hope that you are enjoying yourself!

An Even Dozen

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom