Critique 2019 Oktoberfest-djh63-(David)-Hardcore-D700 + 50/1.2AiS Day 27

Twenty three

_DSC8459.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Vine leaves and masonry walls were made to go together. And your Autumn Vines shine just wonderfully against the grey masonry. You might want to play with cropping a bit more of the right side and bottom of this shot, so that the leaves play a more dominant role in the overall. But obviously this is a subjective choice for you to make or not.

Nice splash of color and it "seems" like the focus is on the joint...interesting.
It is a photo of the wall, Paul. I was lucky that the nicely-coloured leaves were in the frame as well.

Vine leaves and masonry walls were made to go together. And your Autumn Vines shine just wonderfully against the grey masonry. You might want to play with cropping a bit more of the right side and bottom of this shot, so that the leaves play a more dominant role in the overall. But obviously this is a subjective choice for you to make or not.
Thanks Harry. The wall was what I was after and wanted to show quite a bit of it... the leaves fitted nicely into that corner.

Color Contrast is king in your latest, and the positioning is spot on!
Gracias!

Red and grey and contrasting textures. What's not to like? Peaceful in its own way.
Thank you Nick.

If you were trying to emphasize the wall, then you have succeeded - my eye is drawn to its texture.
Thanks Andy.

_DSC8465.jpg

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
So much negative space, which I usually like, but I find the branches a touch distracting from the horse and pulling my eye.

Nicely shot, David. But I'm not sure about the framing. I've been playing with it a bit on my screen, and think if you eliminated about three-quarters from the top of the frame to the top of the horses head, you'd have a horizontal photo you'd like as well. Just MO, of course.

Real Name
Andy
Although I think Harry's suggestion is valid, I actually like your original compositional choice. The dark statue of the horse contrasting against the expanse of white negative space occupying most of the frame gives the image an ominous feel that would not be present in a horizontal crop.

Great contrast and shadow details. I'm a bit perplexed at the statue.
Twenny Too is an ideal tryptic.
Twenty three: Nature deconstructs that ideal

24 - Steel horse looks over
A suburban balcony​
Thinks he wants to fly​
24: What is the horse looking at? Why is he on that balcony? The dark tones of the railing and horse contrast with the empty sky.
So much negative space, which I usually like, but I find the branches a touch distracting from the horse and pulling my eye.
Nicely shot, David. But I'm not sure about the framing. I've been playing with it a bit on my screen, and think if you eliminated about three-quarters from the top of the frame to the top of the horses head, you'd have a horizontal photo you'd like as well. Just MO, of course.
Although I think Harry's suggestion is valid, I actually like your original compositional choice. The dark statue of the horse contrasting against the expanse of white negative space occupying most of the frame gives the image an ominous feel that would not be present in a horizontal crop.

Thank you all for your thoughts- I am in a rush today and will post todays picture and try to get back tomorrow to do a proper catch up.

Twenty Five

_DSC8466.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom