Critique 2019 Oktoberfest-djh63-(David)-Hardcore-D700 + 50/1.2AiS Day 27

Great to be here again and I'm looking forward to shooting with the Cafe gang again during Oktober. Have fun everyone!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
We are off on another Oktoberfest adventure.

One

Great start to the O'fest. Looking forward to see your work with the lens...always interesting.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Like the balance and use of negative/positive space, and the question which area is which! As stated great and simple balance and texture variance.

river / lake ? either way i can see me sitting there with a cold beer in the evening as the summer makes it self known down here
Thanks Les. It is a very popular spot during most of the year- right in the middle of the city but still quite isolated. A cold beer here on a warm evening is very pleasant.

Great start to the O'fest. Looking forward to see your work with the lens...always interesting.
Thank you Paul.

Like the balance and use of negative/positive space, and the question which area is which! As stated great and simple balance and texture variance.
Thanks Wade.

David! Glad to see you back! And a lovely first presentation - well done!
Thanks Lyndee

Love the mystery - - and the contrasts in light and texture and media (water/wood "land").
Thank you Nick.

Nice to have you back. What film was that shot o.... - never mind ;)

Good start, makes me wonder. Story? Beer was mentioned...

Back to composition school, for me. Looking forward to see your work.
Ha! Thanks for the reminder on Instagram, Roli. It's very nice to be shooting with you again.

Nice start! I like the contrasting light vs. dark sharp vs. murky. Very strong!
Thank you Andy

I like it. And it has me curious about the theme you're going to have to pull everything together this month.
Thanks Gordon- I have a few ideas in my head.

Yeah! Verruh noir!

And rocking the '700! Yeah!
It was either 700 or film and I don't know if I am hardcore enough to shoot film this month. Unlike someone else we know :cool:

Thanks to everyone for dropping by and leaving comments. I am dealing with an unresponsive back-up hard drive at the moment and it appears as if it will need to be replaced. At least I have discovered the fact now and not later in the event of a disaster...

Two

Thanks to everyone for dropping by and leaving comments. I am dealing with an unresponsive back-up hard drive at the moment and it appears as if it will need to be replaced. At least I have discovered the fact now and not later in the event of a disaster...

Two

View attachment 1647219
Very nice! I like the lines and the B&W treatment.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Just enough info to provide a where taken answer with a unique perspective, good conversion work.

Real Name
Chris
Appears you had some nice rain on the patio!

I've been replacing all my hard drives with SSDs now that they are so cheap. And (usually) easy to do. I was spurred on when I took my ancient macbook to the shop and they told me the drive was in "prefailure". After that though, I thought, 'isn't everything that hasn't failed, in prefailure?'

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom