Critique 2019 Oktoberfest-djh63-(David)-Hardcore-D700 + 50/1.2AiS Day 27

great lines and patterns here
forsest / park ? either way nice
Thanks Les. It is a small area of forest at the end of our street - an absolute oasis.

6: The two stone elements fit quite well, not perfect, but just well enough to see at least some lines 'go through'... Nice find!

7: Still thinking ... hmm... what the...
Thanks Roli.
Maybe that's where Dr Who went...

7: A garden path, perhaps. B&W sure makes mundane, ordinary scenes seem so interesting, and your perspective helps too.
Thanks Nick. B/W brings advantages in some areas but obviously negates a lot of what the casual viewer finds interesting. It certainly allows me to draw attention to texture and patterns within the frame.

I really like the detailed textures in this photograph. Did you intend to highlight the vertical twig in the lower left? If not, I think darkening it would draw the eye more into the frame.
Thanks Andy. I adjusted my position several times before taking the shot and decided that the twig which you mention would be a good marker guarding the left side of the path.

Love the way the path leads your eye corner to corner.
Thanks Wade.

Beautiful blending of textures and an almost random pattern bringing out patterns that are usually not acknowledged.
Gracias!

Eight

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And what film did you shoot this on David? ;)

Exquisite processing of a truely classic composition. Lovely all the way around.
8:
Love the contrast between the dry and textured leaf and the out of focus softness of the stone/concrete--contrast in tone and texture.
Really love the leaf placement in corner and the natural cupping pointing outward away from viewer. Draws viewer into the entire image.
Thank you all, gentlemen. Shooting leaves in water is a favourite autumn pastime of mine and it happens to fit perfectly into Oktoberfest.

Nine
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In testing shot. I'm intrigued by the letters below the notes. What instrument is this sheet music for?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom