Critique 2019 Oktoberfest-djh63-(David)-Hardcore-D700 + 50/1.2AiS Day 27

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Great image, truly one of your best, at least it affects my eye that way. My eye travels the rail and the out of focus areas just draw me into the image. Stunning really.

Some kind of fence, David? Horse farm? Feed trough making the linear highlights? Attractive contrasts, but the composition allows the eye to wander and doesn't lead.

Interesting selection of focus David and the way it leads one's eyes.
Thanks for your thoughts Paul.

Great image, truly one of your best, at least it affects my eye that way. My eye travels the rail and the out of focus areas just draw me into the image. Stunning really.
Thank you Wade. As you have probably guessed by now, my photography tends to show "the road less travelled"... glad that you enjoyed it.

Some kind of fence, David? Horse farm? Feed trough making the linear highlights? Attractive contrasts, but the composition allows the eye to wander and doesn't lead.
Thanks Harry. It is a handrail on a walkway at a railway station. The vertical pole above the star is actually the mast of a boat which I have showcased in a previous edition of Oktoberfest.

9 blades at center ;)

Wonderful, truly wonderful :)
Gracias!

Thirteen

_DSC8414.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
13, needs to have just one slightly more in focus area on the right, then I would like this better than 12. Quick question, I thought the 12 image I loved so much had more background blur yesterday than today? Or is it the same? It seems much easier to see the background today, maybe it is my old brain though?

Thirteen: wow. It's so ... kinetic!
Thank you squire.

13, needs to have just one slightly more in focus area on the right, then I would like this better than 12. Quick question, I thought the 12 image I loved so much had more background blur yesterday than today? Or is it the same? It seems much easier to see the background today, maybe it is my old brain though?
Thanks Wade. The shots are very different in that in Number 13 I have used an extension tube again and the background in the frame is at most a couple of feet from the lens. On Day 12, the lens was shot fairly wide open, the railing was quite close but the background was probably 20 yards away. Maybe you are finding it easier to see Day 12 now because of the difficulties of seeing Day 13?

Another intriguing shot. The narrow focus and balance of the shot are interesting.
Thanks Paul.

I'm very impressed by the way you make use of this lens! Great ideas, good eye, selected details, wonderful compositions. I'd give a lot too be able to 'see' like that, with this constant output rate throughout the last days :) (y) :notworthy:
Thanks Maestro!

The yellow glass shows us how important color is in our lives and then the next shots (12 and 13) shows how B&W can rule! Well done, David.
Many thanks Nick. For many years, I have tried to place colour down the list of importance when making compositional decisions. To me, it can become too emotional and can lead to other (more important) factors being overlooked.

_DSC8416.jpg

Thank you all - sorry, but I have had a very busy day and have just managed to edit a photo (which I will share) and I will endeavour to visit all of your threads in the morning.

For those who weren't sure... my most recent pic was take on an escalator and I had held my camera on the handrail.

XV

_DSC8431.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom