Critique 2019 Oktoberfest-djh63-(David)-Hardcore-D700 + 50/1.2AiS Day 27

Twenny

_DSC8450.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

19:
Wow, soft, calm, in-your-face composition and razor thin focus all in one shot.
Thank you Nick

It really shows off the character of the lens. What is the surface, I've seen it other shots of your's as well. Leather table top?
Thanks Chris- this lens really does leave the other 50s in the dust IMHO (provided one is happy to work with manual focus). This surface is new - the top of a steel storage box in the garden but it is similar to a metal tabletop which I have shown in the past.

What he said ^^^. :)
Thanks Paul.
Wow, DOF in millimeters. And a point as sharp as a knife. Plus a continuation of the soft contrast. You really seem to have taken to that 50/1.4.
Thanks Harry - this is the old AiS 1.2 version, but I appreciate your thoughts.
Great clean contrast.

Now you’re just showing off! JK - nice use of the beautiful smooth bokeh of this optic.
Ha!
Thanks Andy.

XXI
_DSC8452.jpg

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
David, 20, and 21, well, 20 is just fine, but I am going to rave about 21. Strong image with great angular leading lines. Great composition with the framing and railing and the gradual bluring off in the distance due to dof of field. A keeper and deserves a permanent place in the portfolio.

Beautiful lines and narrow focus, which with the line of the railing top lead my eyes to explore more of the photo. Well composed!
Thanks Paul

David, 20, and 21, well, 20 is just fine, but I am going to rave about 21. Strong image with great angular leading lines. Great composition with the framing and railing and the gradual bluring off in the distance due to dof of field. A keeper and deserves a permanent place in the portfolio.
Thank you Wade

I agree with Wade, plus it makes you search for the focus point!
Thanks Nick

Very strong image with the repeating vertical lines.
Thanks Andy

That’s a classically great photo. The progressive blurring really brings the geometry to the fore and makes me wonder (or imagine) where this is.
Thank you sir!

Twenny Too

_DSC8456.jpg

David, 21 is just superb for all the reasons others have mentioned. Congratulations on a super-shot!

Day 22 is a nice texture play, and your DOF captures it all. Well conceived and nicely done.

Pure minimalism, clean straight with excellent texture, flat, but oh so good and interesting. You feel cool and hard plus rough and warmer in one shot.
Thanks very much Wade.

22:
That shot works in large part because of the exquisite framing and attention to detail. While there is texture there is no depth--or depth is so well masked. Bravo.
Thanks Nick

I like the play on textures and the strong lines. Well done!
Thank you Paul
David, 21 is just superb for all the reasons others have mentioned. Congratulations on a super-shot!

Day 22 is a nice texture play, and your DOF captures it all. Well conceived and nicely done.
Thanks again Harry.

Latest threads

Top Bottom