Critique 2019 Oktoberfest - Kry27 - Hardcore - Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ Nikon on Z7 - Day 31

Real Name
Chris
The Kriekodile lets me know NOT to go into your yard unbidden! Some leaf piles you just don't want to jump into.

The Ultimate Annihilator obviously means business. The reflection on the ball must be Cherenkov radiation. It also perfectly completes the image, the round thing is certainly 3D. But I wouldn't feel comfortable with one in the living room.

(We keep ours in the garage. Royce's mom, Olivia tried a trick: she let Royce pick which of his toys to give to "another baby". He gleefully culled his table of all but the things he uses everyday. They went to Goodwill.)

Both the last two are wonderful, the colors on 22 just gorgeous, and the planning and fun nature of the encounter in 23 is marvelous!
Thank you!
:D :D :D

Me too.

And I'm not fond of wandering gators, of any kind, especially if they are over a foot long.
:)
That really does look like a gator, in size and stance. And great choice of DOF. Perfect.
Thanks Harry, I tried different apertures and liked this one the most.
Simply wonderful.
Thanks.
Totally crocolicious, dude!

No wonder Luca was having a tough morning.
Kriekodile Dundee, or how's da movie?

The Kriekodile lets me know NOT to go into your yard unbidden! Some leaf piles you just don't want to jump into.

The Ultimate Annihilator obviously means business. The reflection on the ball must be Cherenkov radiation. It also perfectly completes the image, the round thing is certainly 3D. But I wouldn't feel comfortable with one in the living room.

(We keep ours in the garage. Royce's mom, Olivia tried a trick: she let Royce pick which of his toys to give to "another baby". He gleefully culled his table of all but the things he uses everyday. They went to Goodwill.)
Never jump into unknown leaf piles, yes, for sure! Yes, Cherenkov radiation, that's it. Or, as it's a future tech wormhole, maybe, still SOME sign of the things going on at the other end... ;) (Not joking, I know what that radiation is, I'm quite interested in astronomy and physics.)

Nice trick, Olivia! Not sure this one already works on M&L, here. She can't let go anything… :(

One more outlandish visitor out in the garden, spotted this morning:

Cross-eyed jelly Fleckvieh
2019 Octoberfest - Day 24

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/1.4​

Time spent around home, house, family today. Mayla in the Kindergarten, wife went out for the first time since surgery (enjoy a short walk, get a haircut, all done in the morning). Luca and me, we were out in the garden. Time to pick up last lone apples, full of wormholes (rings a bell?). Rake leaves. Throw dead plants into compost bins. Things like that. He behaved strange the whole morning. Normally being very joyful when going outdoors, spending time in the garden, today he was quite weepy. Dunno why. Maybe he spotted a scary thing... (no joking/story telling here, about him behaving whiningly, which he normally doesn't :( ).

And then, I saw it too! Under the cherry tree, where we had raked leaves before, all of a sudden, there was this... this... hefty reptile! Over 4 meters long, aggressive, greedy! Must be closely related to the appalligator!

(And to you U.S. guys: over 4m means longer than 13 feet, one inch, plus about 13/27 (! :p ) of an inch. And should we have any British: sorry, I'm to lazy to calculate how much that is in ells or quarters, shaftments or palms, sticks or fingers. Don't even mention barleycorns...)

The Kriekodile
found under the cherry tree ("kriek" = cherry)
2019 Octoberfest - Day 23

View attachment 1648677

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/1.7​
Another great shot and so creative! I like the red of the rake, looking like the inside of the mouth.

Another great shot and so creative! I like the red of the rake, looking like the inside of the mouth.
That is exactly what I thought and why I decided to place the red one like that, below the other.
What an unusual plant. Is it some form of mushroom?
Yes, three mushrooms (well, maybe one organism building all three fruiting bodies). Hazelnuts are everywhere there, on the ground, and Luca started to play with them and place some onto the mushrooms - good idea taken over for this image.

Real Name
Chris
It's probably like an octopus's stomach. When food touches it, it secretes digestive juices and the food (or who or what-ever) just starts to digest. I'd keep fingers and small pets away just to be on the safe side. The plant is sehr cool too!

It's probably like an octopus's stomach. When food touches it, it secretes digestive juices and the food (or who or what-ever) just starts to digest. I'd keep fingers and small pets away just to be on the safe side. The plant is sehr cool too!
You sure can tell who among us has been hanging out with young, creative kids these past 3+ weeks (y):):joyful:

Nah, I think it is a Bot's dog, a little like an innocent little terrier. The crossed eyes are just to make us think he's only a dumb dog .... actually they create a hologram in his brain, so he can figure out how best to attack.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom