Critique 2019 Oktoberfest - Kry27 - Hardcore - Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ Nikon on Z7 - Day 31

Real Name
Chris
... innocent ...
(sigh)

That doesn't exist any more Harry. II've lived a long time and I believe you have too. This creature represents a last gasp - a civilization, ecosystem or internet group that is saying, "help me stay here. I'm in this beautiful moment, and I want to stay here." How can we do that when the drive to move forward is so strong?

Then the shutter closes, and the "picture" of a reality we want to inhabit closes as well. Such is the life of a photograph. It's here. We see it. It's gone. Did you get it?

Are you here?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
(sigh)

That doesn't exist any more Harry. II've lived a long time and I believe you have too. This creature represents a last gasp - a civilization, ecosystem or internet group that is saying, "help me stay here. I'm in this beautiful moment, and I want to stay here." How can we do that when the drive to move forward is so strong?

Then the shutter closes, and the "picture" of a reality we want to inhabit closes as well. Such is the life of a photograph. It's here. We see it. It's gone. Did you get it?

Are you here?
Thought-provoking, Chris, yes it is. :)

This is a tough day, and it almost turned out to be a sad one, too! I got up, got the children dressed, waited for our babysitter to help my wife who can't lift the little one. (My father-in-law's wife in charge today, with him joining her later during the day.) As soon as she showed up, I left, had to visit a customer. Drove 1.5 h, meeting customers for education/teaching 3 h. Back to the office, another 1 hour's drive. There, another customer came by for a discussion, that turned out to be another 3 hours. Driving back home took me almost an hour - strange days.

I left the camera at home, as I knew there wouldn't be time to take a picture, while driving / talking. When I came back, grandparents left, we had dinner with the kids. We try to keep them up longer, to accommodate for the end of daylight saving time, this Sunday. When they finally went to bed, it was time for me to pick up the camera and find another subject. But: WHERE IS MY CAMERA? It was gone. Simply disappeared. I always leave it at the same spot, but it wasn't there. PANIC mode! I could not find it, and it began to dawn on me that I had to forfeit this Octoberfest - Missing Equipement. Truly disappointed, I decided to go to bed, accepting I had at least to skip this day, should the gear turn up again, tomorrow. Or otherwise concede...

Upstairs, to brush teeth and go to bed, into the bathroom - there was my camera! Set on top of the tripod, pointed at the mirror, flash unit attached. Who put it there? What happened? I took out the card, went down again to the computer, and... I have no clue when they did this, let alone who they are! :android::cyclops: Does this count as 'shot by me'? ;) :) :D

Wacky self-portrait
Goggle-eye bot and his griping, featherbrained companion
2019 Octoberfest - Day 25

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/8.0​

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
What will they use next? What will be their next assimilation? I am worried for you and your family, very worried.

Where will this all end? The mushroom monster is fantastic (and could almost be a tropical fish) and I love the collection of beings brought together in your "shelfie".

This is a tough day, and it almost turned out to be a sad one, too! I got up, got the children dressed, waited for our babysitter to help my wife who can't lift the little one. (My father-in-law's wife in charge today, with him joining her later during the day.) As soon as she showed up, I left, had to visit a customer. Drove 1.5 h, meeting customers for education/teaching 3 h. Back to the office, another 1 hour's drive. There, another customer came by for a discussion, that turned out to be another 3 hours. Driving back home took me almost an hour - strange days.

I left the camera at home, as I knew there wouldn't be time to take a picture, while driving / talking. When I came back, grandparents left, we had dinner with the kids. We try to keep them up longer, to accommodate for the end of daylight saving time, this Sunday. When they finally went to bed, it was time for me to pick up the camera and find another subject. But: WHERE IS MY CAMERA? It was gone. Simply disappeared. I always leave it at the same spot, but it wasn't there. PANIC mode! I could not find it, and it began to dawn on me that I had to forfeit this Octoberfest - Missing Equipement. Truly disappointed, I decided to go to bed, accepting I had at least to skip this day, should the gear turn up again, tomorrow. Or otherwise concede...

Upstairs, to brush teeth and go to bed, into the bathroom - there was my camera! Set on top of the tripod, pointed at the mirror, flash unit attached. Who put it there? What happened? I took out the card, went down again to the computer, and... I have no clue when they did this, let alone who they are! :android::cyclops: Does this count as 'shot by me'? ;) :) :D

Wacky self-portrait
Goggle-eye bot and his griping, featherbrained companion
2019 Octoberfest - Day 25

View attachment 1648789

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/8.0​
Great story and cute shot! At least they are just doing simple selfies and not boudoir shots or you'd have to add NSFW. :)

The halloween monsters are taking over your house, your life, your toys . . . :eek::whistle::android:
Yes - and they're starting to be imputdent!
What will they use next? What will be their next assimilation? I am worried for you and your family, very worried.
Oh ouh… thanks for caring… we'll do our best.
Starting to look like bots again!
Yes, a more robotic look :)
Where will this all end? The mushroom monster is fantastic (and could almost be a tropical fish) and I love the collection of beings brought together in your "shelfie".
I thought about some sort of sea life, yes, too… I'm impressed by their size, to be honest!
Great story and cute shot! At least they are just doing simple selfies and not boudoir shots or you'd have to add NSFW. :)
Paul, Paul, Paul... you don't wanna see that - topless blue bot, and then the wild red one even...

Nothing special tonight - we visited friends in the village, walking over at around 4 pm. Kids playing, dinner, walk back home a little late. That's OK, as we got to waste an hour (daylight saving time ends). No terrible monsters, for a change. Just a little, glowing ghost with dark small body and glowing head.

Bu-Huuu..!
2019 Octoberfest - Day 26

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/2.8​

Nothing special tonight - we visited friends in the village, walking over at around 4 pm. Kids playing, dinner, walk back home a little late. That's OK, as we got to waste an hour (daylight saving time ends). No terrible monsters, for a change. Just a little, glowing ghost with dark small body and glowing head.

Bu-Huuu..!
2019 Octoberfest - Day 26

View attachment 1648866

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/2.8​
Very cool shot! Definitely something to put up on the wall.

Real Name
Chris
Your Wacky Sef Portrait is hilarious Roland! The face pops out, and the ... 'impression recording bot' looks familiar.

Bu-Huuu Is beautiful! I understand that we are evolving toward beings of light. The MEch-Bot world must also be going that direction. You have seen the future!

Your Wacky Sef Portrait is hilarious Roland! The face pops out, and the ... 'impression recording bot' looks familiar.

Bu-Huuu Is beautiful! I understand that we are evolving toward beings of light. The MEch-Bot world must also be going that direction. You have seen the future!
Thank you Chris! Yes, these are quite common, about every household has his own little dumb bot, tearing open its mouth ;)
Yes, sometimes these are not only mechs, bots.... but also ghosts and demons. ;)

Yet another ghost, spotted on our Sunday walk with friends - they're everywhere! Take care, mates!

Wavy drapery - Hurry up!
2019 Octoberfest - Day 27

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/8​

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom