Critique 2019 Oktoberfest - Kry27 - Hardcore - Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ Nikon on Z7 - Day 31

Today was a beautiful day. Warm for this time of the year, sunshine, not too much chilling wind around the house. Time to enjoy - ahemmmnn, work in - the garden. I raked the leaves, picked up apples that had fallen down from our tree, threw away the ones full of wormholes and the rotten ones. I mowed the lawn...

And then, I realized I had been observed while doing all that! The before-mentioned detection bot "Porcelodrone" Elmarit-R and one of his subsidiaries tried to hide behind the apple tree, but every once in a while, they left their blind, looking what I was doing. The Elmarit-R scanned the garden with his one green eye, using his green scanning beam.

Now that's just over the top! I got angry! And not just a little. Leave us alone, what the...?! I picked up a few apples and threw them at the stalkers. Take that! Good my aiming is still up to the task!

Gotcha! Once detection bot "Porcelodrone Elmarit-R, type 1:2.8/24", after 2 major hits
2019 Octoberfest - Day 12

View attachment 1647995

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/2.8​

Then it struck me: Where is the second one of the little guys? And I saw him escape, his one eye not scanning green, no - but blinking red. A hysterical red. An evil red. Maybe this wasn't the best of ideas… 😰 😨
I have a feeling you/we will be seeing that evil red eye again soon. Meanwhile, the New York Giants need a good passing quarterback. Do you think those bots would let you fly to another country?

Satisfying as it may have been to exact some revenge upon these extraterrestrial characters, I live in hope that you will not be punished for your actions. Great storyboarding!

More time out in the garden, today. Picking up more apples. Waiting for Mayla to return from her days off with her godmother's family. Oh, what's this?

Face to face with the appalligator
2019 Octoberfest - Day 13

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/8​

This story is getting more and more complex and so well illustrated.
Hmm, story… I don't really follow a story or a script, I just wanted to show portraits, shot with a portrait lens. And while doing so, try getting away without uploading a pic of my children every day (cheating on repetitive subjects… ;) )
Of course these are not 'strictly' portraits, but then, it would feel wrong to me to just post a landscape or family shot, by now ;) I got stuck in that...
Oh, and as long as nobody complaints, bored… I might as well keep going.

Oh, man. The apple sauce thickens.

Wonderful stuff.
Thank you - Want some?

Short stop on the observation deck of ZRH (Zurich Airport), and oh, what's that? They have bots even there! Behind the security gates! Must have used teleportation, as the metal detectors would not allow him to be smuggled…
After the bio-mech-alien yesterday, that's clearly a tech-related one, this time, again:

Sir, yes Sir!
Officer, type 'Airportscope bot'

2019 Octoberfest - Day 14

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/4​

Today was a beautiful day. Warm for this time of the year, sunshine, not too much chilling wind around the house. Time to enjoy - ahemmmnn, work in - the garden. I raked the leaves, picked up apples that had fallen down from our tree, threw away the ones full of wormholes and the rotten ones. I mowed the lawn...

And then, I realized I had been observed while doing all that! The before-mentioned detection bot "Porcelodrone" Elmarit-R and one of his subsidiaries tried to hide behind the apple tree, but every once in a while, they left their blind, looking what I was doing. The Elmarit-R scanned the garden with his one green eye, using his green scanning beam.

Now that's just over the top! I got angry! And not just a little. Leave us alone, what the...?! I picked up a few apples and threw them at the stalkers. Take that! Good my aiming is still up to the task!

Gotcha! Once detection bot "Porcelodrone Elmarit-R, type 1:2.8/24", after 2 major hits
2019 Octoberfest - Day 12

View attachment 1647995

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/2.8​

Then it struck me: Where is the second one of the little guys? And I saw him escape, his one eye not scanning green, no - but blinking red. A hysterical red. An evil red. Maybe this wasn't the best of ideas… 😰 😨
Well shot!

Short stop on the observation deck of ZRH (Zurich Airport), and oh, what's that? They have bots even there! Behind the security gates! Must have used teleportation, as the metal detectors would not allow him to be smuggled…
After the bio-mech-alien yesterday, that's clearly a tech-related one, this time, again:

Sir, yes Sir!
Officer, type 'Airportscope bot'

2019 Octoberfest - Day 14

View attachment 1648120

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/4​
Another great one!

Real Name
Chris
Hmm, story… I don't really follow a story or a script, I just wanted to show portraits, shot with a portrait lens. And while doing so, try getting away without uploading a pic of my children every day (cheating on repetitive subjects… ;) )
Of course these are not 'strictly' portraits, but then, it would feel wrong to me to just post a landscape or family shot, by now ;) I got stuck in that...
Oh, and as long as nobody complaints, bored… I might as well keep going.
A good story often writes itself, no script needed. Your series has a strong storyline, inherent in the variations of the subject matter. Your photography is supporting this storyline by giving your subjects a ceratin look, based on a consistent composition, tonality and focus. "Complaints, bored"? Quite the opposite! I wait each day to see what's next.

Day 14 satisfies the anticipation well. It's a great portrait, and true to your theme.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom