Critique 2019 Oktoberfest - Kry27 - Hardcore - Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ Nikon on Z7 - Day 31

Real Name
Andy
Resistance is futile
2019 Octoberfest - Day 11
Gotcha! Once detection bot "Porcelodrone Elmarit-R, type 1:2.8/24", after 2 major hits
2019 Octoberfest - Day 12
Face to face with the appalligator
2019 Octoberfest - Day 13
Sir, yes Sir!
Officer, type 'Airportscope bot'

2019 Octoberfest - Day 14
Such creativity! The appalligator is definitely my fave of the four from the long weekend.

Love the best extra space above the bot, gives a feeling of Alien atmosphere.
Nice, thank you - In fact, one reason to crop it that way also was the clutter just below my subject, so I could by no way show more downwards.
I tried landscape crops, shooting closer… but this one was chosen without actual reasoning, only because it 'felt' the best. Your reasoning speaks out one of the aspects I must unconsciously have decided on.

A good story often writes itself, no script needed. Your series has a strong storyline, inherent in the variations of the subject matter. Your photography is supporting this storyline by giving your subjects a ceratin look, based on a consistent composition, tonality and focus. "Complaints, bored"? Quite the opposite! I wait each day to see what's next.

Day 14 satisfies the anticipation well. It's a great portrait, and true to your theme.
You're too kind, thank you! Glad you look forward to my thread as I look forward to yours!

Day at work, and a longer one. Bad weather, not going out to spot and shoot things during lunchtime. Thinking of what to shoot at home, driving through the rain, looking forward to get home… music… a bit of traffic jam, thinking, … I realized they've started to observe also on my way to work, and back home! No, I'm not paranoid, it's there ;)

Grin @ me
2019 Octoberfest - Day 15

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/1.4​

Short stop on the observation deck of ZRH (Zurich Airport), and oh, what's that? They have bots even there! Behind the security gates! Must have used teleportation, as the metal detectors would not allow him to be smuggled…
After the bio-mech-alien yesterday, that's clearly a tech-related one, this time, again:

Sir, yes Sir!
Officer, type 'Airportscope bot'

2019 Octoberfest - Day 14

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/4​
This one looks at least approachable. Maybe these bots only want to scare the natives, not airport passengers. Did you have a British cap on?

Day at work, and a longer one. Bad weather, not going out to spot and shoot things during lunchtime. Thinking of what to shoot at home, driving through the rain, looking forward to get home… music… a bit of traffic jam, thinking, … I realized they've started to observe also on my way to work, and back home! No, I'm not paranoid, it's there ;)

Grin @ me
2019 Octoberfest - Day 15

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/1.4​
That's the ghost in your machine, Roland. They've actually taken over your car .... this is just the first time you've realized it.

Man, that bot has his snout RIGHT IN MY FACE!! Help!
We're trying to eat him up :) Still quite a bit of work / eating to be done, though ;)
This one looks at least approachable. Maybe these bots only want to scare the natives, not airport passengers. Did you have a British cap on?
Oh, I had no cap, sorry. Yes, it's very approachable, as it lets you use itself to overview the flight field.
That's the ghost in your machine, Roland. They've actually taken over your car .... this is just the first time you've realized it.
Sorry, no - that was taken through my windshield, just after the wipers went out of the frame. Through the rain. These are the brake lights of the car in front of me. Tripple brake lights, in fact, with the middle upper being formed by a bent band of LEDs. The picture had to be flipped umop ap!sdn afterwards to get the desired result.
(Note to the police: all that done while standing still, nobody was in danger at any time, and auto pilot was on anyway ;) )

And by the way: My car scared me way enough when I took the Day 9 picture :D

Another evening, another surprise attack. Why can't they play fair? Why can't they fight an eye for an eye? Once more, this was a perfidious ambush. Walking into the bathroom, I had to jump right back out again, to avoid getting snatched by this … tusked monster alien.

Fat, white Moby Prick
2019 Octoberfest - Day 16

OF_2019_16.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/5.6​

I was not sure about which shot to choose. A different view, slightly closer, is in the bucket.

We're trying to eat him up :) Still quite a bit of work / eating to be done, though ;)

Oh, I had no cap, sorry. Yes, it's very approachable, as it lets you use itself to overview the flight field.

Sorry, no - that was taken through my windshield, just after the wipers went out of the frame. Through the rain. These are the brake lights of the car in front of me. Tripple brake lights, in fact, with the middle upper being formed by a bent band of LEDs. The picture had to be flipped umop ap!sdn afterwards to get the desired result.
(Note to the police: all that done while standing still, nobody was in danger at any time, and auto pilot was on anyway ;) )

And by the way: My car scared me way enough when I took the Day 9 picture :D
Oh, hell, there you go offering a rational explanation. I still say "It's the ghost in your machine!":D:D

Another evening, another surprise attack. Why can't they play fair? Why can't they fight an eye for an eye? Once more, this was a perfidious ambush. Walking into the bathroom, I had to jump right back out again, to avoid getting snatched by this … tusked monster alien.

Fat, white Moby Prick
2019 Octoberfest - Day 16

View attachment 1648282

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/5.6​

I was not sure about which shot to choose. A different view, slightly closer, is in the bucket.
Ohh, they've taken over the whales as well? Will it ever end (it better not)? But how did the whale get in your bathroom. Oh, I forgot. They can teleport, can't they?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom