Critique 2019 Oktoberfest - Kry27 - Hardcore - Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ Nikon on Z7 - Day 31

Real Name
Paul
Another evening, another surprise attack. Why can't they play fair? Why can't they fight an eye for an eye? Once more, this was a perfidious ambush. Walking into the bathroom, I had to jump right back out again, to avoid getting snatched by this … tusked monster alien.

Fat, white Moby Prick
2019 Octoberfest - Day 16

View attachment 1648282

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/5.6​

I was not sure about which shot to choose. A different view, slightly closer, is in the bucket.
Very creative. Love the shot and story. I hope you don't get too backed up...not going to the bathroom. :)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
15, oh so creative in the rain, and 16 is back to familiar alien form, like them both and also the crop and closeness on the day 16 image.

You are on fire, dude. I'm guessing that your brother-in-law is still in the fire brigade and is keeping a close eye on proceedings.
Great series!

After a busy day, it has to be a quick forum visit today. More commenting tomorrow...

The Elephant Mech
2019 Octoberfest - Day 17

OF_2019_17.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/4​

Very good portait, Roland. Like the handling of focus, with the eye and trunk leading and the remainder fading off (especially the ears, which could be distracting if given equal focus). I assume this is metallic?

Very good portait, Roland. Like the handling of focus, with the eye and trunk leading and the remainder fading off (especially the ears, which could be distracting if given equal focus). I assume this is metallic?
Thank you for the remarks on focus. Indeed, quite a bit of thinking went in that, and also framing. I got several shots, of the whole elephant standing on an earth globe, and of details, at varying apertures. Decided for f/4 of this unusual elephant crop, without the tusks.

It must be some sort of metallic alloy, I guess. Here you can see it completely:

https://www.zoochat.com/community/media/elephant-sculpture-at-knie-kinderzoo-11-09-16.339147/full

Real Name
Chris
I LOVE Moby Prick. It's just way too cool, and scary to boot! Moreso when you realize what it is (in our reality) and that you had to make it! A wonderful addition.

The elephant mech is almost just a thing from our normal world, but that's just what they want us to believe, I'm sure. Well shot as Harry and Paul described.

I LOVE Moby Prick. It's just way too cool, and scary to boot! Moreso when you realize what it is (in our reality) and that you had to make it! A wonderful addition.

The elephant mech is almost just a thing from our normal world, but that's just what they want us to believe, I'm sure. Well shot as Harry and Paul described.
Yes I invested quite some time in building a prototype, testing how it fit, improving... Helped that I'm experienced and I consider myself good at Duplo :D

And as said to David: I chose the elephant to be a worthy submission because of exactly that look. From this angle, it is just about... normal. But only just. You can see behind the facade, look at its real, alien nature. :greyalien:

Oh, sweet, they not only know 'aggressive'. We got innocuous visitors today:

Grazing space sheep with lambs (visiting from Proxima Shepauri)
2019 Octoberfest - Day 18

OF_2019_18.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/1.4​

Latest threads

Top Bottom