Critique 2019 Oktoberfest - Kry27 - Hardcore - Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ Nikon on Z7 - Day 31

Today, I haven't met any robot, any mech, any slimy bio-tech bot, nothing. No alien. No … encounter, no surprise. Having dinner, it got dark outside, we were wondering whether there would be another inhuman, foreign being upstairs, one more ambush… … when we realized this glow outside. We stepped outside, stood in the garden, our mouths open, and could not believe what we just saw:

Leaving
2019 Octoberfest - Day 30

OF_2019_30.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/16​

What an overwhelmingly humongous space ship this was, raising majestically slowly, changing Color of it's powering beams from cold blue to a menacing red, while accelerating over our heads, disappearing in the night sky, into dark space. (see Bucket)

We have no clue why they descended on us, have been obsessing us for the month of October. And we do not know why they left. And did so after 30 Days, leaving me with one day left to shoot in their absence. The only thing we know, by now: They're gone.

Unless...

What a fantastic tale you have shared in your months' images. This particular photograph is just wonderful in its simplicity. Looking forward to your grand finale!
Thank you for following. No idea if it's 'grand', but finale... or not?
Fabulous shot and entire sequence this month. Talk about coming up with and executing an excellent theme... WoW!
Thanks for all the ongoing encouraging support during October 2019.

The star ship has left. 30 days already, since "Hello mi frend!" Now we think we're alone again, we made it. Isn't our planet good enough for this species? The conquerors pushed along. But you all know how these B movies, these B horror movies, always end.

The last battle is fought. The war is won. The last spider eradicated, the last killer tomato squashed. The snakes killed, the big boss alien nuked, the enemy destroyed. World is devastated, but safe now. The hero kisses his new (or old) girlfriend, survivors lick their wounds, the chief character, rescuer of mankind, rides into the sunset… The movie staff's names are about to scroll down the big screen. The audience rises from the cinema seats, picks up the jackets, scattered pop corn crunches. But there is this one, last, final cut. The camera switches to the forgotten dark corner, a forlorn nook - and there, there they are:

E G G S !!!
2019 Octoberfest - Day 31

OF_2019_31.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/2
And some already eclosed, it seems! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Real Name
Chris
Oh man! What a wonderful trip you have taken us on this month Roland! Of all the threads here, your theme has stuck with me, and well, it seems everybody. Just like a Hollywood extravaganza, we've seen story, character development, emotions and suspense! I'm wowed, and the ending gives me chills.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
The star ship has left. 30 days already, since "Hello mi frend!" Now we think we're alone again, we made it. Isn't our planet good enough for this species? The conquerors pushed along. But you all know how these B movies, these B horror movies, always end.

The last battle is fought. The war is won. The last spider eradicated, the last killer tomato squashed. The snakes killed, the big boss alien nuked, the enemy destroyed. World is devastated, but safe now. The hero kisses his new (or old) girlfriend, survivors lick their wounds, the chief character, rescuer of mankind, rides into the sunset… The movie staff's names are about to scroll down the big screen. The audience rises from the cinema seats, picks up the jackets, scattered pop corn crunches. But there is this one, last, final cut. The camera switches to the forgotten dark corner, a forlorn nook - and there, there they are:

E G G S !!!
2019 Octoberfest - Day 31

View attachment 1649167

Summilux-R 1:1.4/80 @ f/2
And some already eclosed, it seems! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Eggs and leaving are your wonderful conclusion to your theme. I have been seeing strange things everywhere after your month long expose!

What an awesome month Roland. Your storytelling and photography have been captivating. Please let me know that you have found a way to destroy those eggs.
See you soon!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Wow! Roland...
I've just gone through your Octoberfest.
It was the most creative imagination of images I've ever seen here. And it was pure fun!

Thank you for participating
Klaus

Latest threads

Top Bottom