Critique 2019 Oktoberfest - NEF Said - Hardcore - AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f1.4G - October 31th

Goals:
  • Have fun
  • Shoot daily
  • Learn
  • Try to come up with a theme that is not too restrictive
  • Stick with theme!

Hi Paul! Glad to see you. Sorry to read about your brother. Best wishes for him, you, and the rest of your family.

Day 1: Changing Early...
okt2019-4184.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm going to try a theme of showing bold colors, for this Oktoberfest. Starting off, I wanted to catch this large tree in our front yard, which is just starting to change color, except for one branch that has jumped ahead and gone full red.

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I have been thinking of adding a theme, but with a ton of travel this month, not sure what to center on, thinking of eclectic.

Anyway, great image with strong visual center, very unique change on the single plant so early and being done completely, good catch! Good theme choice.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I love the pop of color amongst the green, Paul. Your leaves are turning; cool! Ours are still green, but we can see a hint of color. Hopefully we'll get strong fall colors soon.

Well done on the first image of the Challenge!

Thanks Wade, Lyndee, Nick, Roland, Andy, Chris (never heard of deuteranope - had to look it up!), Gordo, and Les!

It was surprising to see one spot on the tree changing like that. We havee some leaves falling already, and many trees/shrubs are in a mix of states of color change. Seems early this year.

I'm hoping I can find things to shoot (close to home) and stick to the theme, without out being too boring. Work has been insanely busy. :(

Day 2: Breakfast in progress...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just about ready... need to stir up the paprika for the egg salad, and heat up the bacon slices.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom