Critique 2019 Oktoberfest - NEF Said - Hardcore - AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f1.4G - October 31th

Day 17: Twister
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tons of rain last night, and very high winds, left leaves all over the ground. This one, still hanging onto the step off our deck still.

Real Name
Chris
Does the title reference the movie from 1996? The scene reminds me of the bridge Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt hid from the storm under at the start of the movie.

Either way, it's a strong picture, using color and composition to their full advantage.

Definitely the best of the bunch (and thanks for posting the runners-up in the bucket). You're continuing to do justice to your chosen theme.
Looked at the bucket, and agree with Andy. This one very, very nice.
Yes I agree, a great shot. And how this says "wet"! That separates it from other leaf shots, in a refreshing and strong way.
Thanks for all the kind comments Andy, Harry, and Roland!

Does the title reference the movie from 1996? The scene reminds me of the bridge Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt hid from the storm under at the start of the movie.

Either way, it's a strong picture, using color and composition to their full advantage.
Yeah it was a reference to the movie (I'm trying to affix movie titles to the shots as well). The winds, rain, and flying debris were indicative of the weather we had yesterday. Newspaper says 120,000 without power in NH. We fortunately had no problems with power (and have a generator for such occasion).

Day 18: American Pie

A peck of apples from Mack's Apples. Although these are not for baking, apple pie is my favorite dessert, so I'm always happy to see these.

American Pie is a teen comedy from 1999, and from the Motion Picture Rating "Rated R for strong sexuality, crude sexual dialogue, language and drinking, all involving teens". Yes, it is very crude and gross, but there are some very funny scenes. One, an obscure reference here, is where a main character (Jim) has an "encounter" with apple pie.

The last couple are very good, Paul with the leaf being a standout. Not sure if that is your shadow in the centre of the frame, but it draws attention to the wet leaf and adds to the picture.

The last couple are very good, Paul with the leaf being a standout. Not sure if that is your shadow in the centre of the frame, but it draws attention to the wet leaf and adds to the picture.
Yeah, unintended. I was thinking it was cloudy enough not to create much of a shadow, but it did, and I didn't notice until processing. Sheer luck that it helped some.

Day 19: Groundhog Day

Just a touch out of focus, but I loved the colors. It was 46 degrees this morning, so I don't think I pushed the AF button well with my gloves on.

Groundhog Day, because the red tree on the left is the same tree that was shot on day one. The one to the right and behind were still green then. We've got loads of color now on these trees.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom