Critique 2019 Oktoberfest - NEF Said - Hardcore - AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f1.4G - October 31th

Real Name
Paul
I imagine racing to be quite difficult to shoot, as panning isn't easy. One can see you're experienced. (y)

The next one is lovely, I'm in that boat often, myself, trying to bring home shots with the lens wide open. Can be hit and miss, can need multiple shots or continuous release, but once you hit - :)
Thanks!

Real Name
Paul
Day 13: On Golden Pond
okt2019-13-5021.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A bit of a stretch for the title. The golden leaves remind me of trees from the movie (which was filmed in NH, BTW). I didn't have much time today, as I was processing two days of photos, about 500 from the driving school, and another 150 from my visit with my grandson. Grabbed a quick shot from down the street.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Good problem to have with to many images! Both 12 and 13 are very nice, but heck, I am partial to the shot of the Grandson! Great skin tones and lighting.

Real Name
Chris
The car shows great panning and is a classic shot - nice colors! The leaves, well the title makes me think of Henry Fonda, who never made a bad movie. But you know I gotta be partial to the baby shot! And a cutie he is! He's musing on the meaning of the outside world.

Real Name
Paul
Good problem to have with to many images! Both 12 and 13 are very nice, but heck, I am partial to the shot of the Grandson! Great skin tones and lighting.
Thanks... I was really happy with Theo's picture.

Unfortunately, it's a drought during the weekdays...where I have to try to squeeze in some time to get shots.

Real Name
Paul
12 & 13. Great job of taking advantage of natural light to exploit a subject.
Thanks!

The car shows great panning and is a classic shot - nice colors! The leaves, well the title makes me think of Henry Fonda, who never made a bad movie. But you know I gotta be partial to the baby shot! And a cutie he is! He's musing on the meaning of the outside world.
Yeah, it's funny how the simple things (like blinds) are considered interesting to babies.

Real Name
Paul
Day 14: The Graduate
okt2019-14-5027.jpg

My wife's bookcase in the study has a photo of her brother and his son, at high school graduation on a picture frame(?) that is like a clip board. She happened to have a cardinal that she uses as a decoration on the fireplace mantel at Christmas, and leaves it on the bookcase in the interim.

The three items gave some bold colors in the early morning.

Real Name
Chris
The shelf has a comfort factor about it. We have some cardinals on the mantle, with electronic candles in them. Yours has a bit of realism to it. And yes, it makes for a nicely colorful shot. Yea!

Day 13: On Golden Pond
View attachment 1648078
A bit of a stretch for the title. The golden leaves remind me of trees from the movie (which was filmed in NH, BTW). I didn't have much time today, as I was processing two days of photos, about 500 from the driving school, and another 150 from my visit with my grandson. Grabbed a quick shot from down the street.
Day 14: The Graduate
View attachment 1648105
My wife's bookcase in the study has a photo of her brother and his son, at high school graduation on a picture frame(?) that is like a clip board. She happened to have a cardinal that she uses as a decoration on the fireplace mantel at Christmas, and leaves it on the bookcase in the interim.

The three items gave some bold colors in the early morning.
Good you managed to keep up your quest for Colors! Both the leaves and the warm wood tones, along with photo frame, portrait and bird, are able to transport a certain mood. Last warm days? Do we have to stay indoors, already?
A hushed critique: I would have cropped of that top left corner on day 14 - the fraction of the next upper shelf doesn't add anything.

Real Name
Paul
Good you managed to keep up your quest for Colors! Both the leaves and the warm wood tones, along with photo frame, portrait and bird, are able to transport a certain mood. Last warm days? Do we have to stay indoors, already?
A hushed critique: I would have cropped of that top left corner on day 14 - the fraction of the next upper shelf doesn't add anything.
Yeah, I was trying to frame the area, but I had the angle off a bit too. Could have left it off.

Real Name
Andy
Real Name
Paul
Day 15: A Dog's Life
okt2019-15-5037.jpg

Busy working today, so took a quick shot of Charley with one of his favorite toys, a Kong Wubba. It is a hard ball for chewing on, a larger ball with squeaky, and four "legs" for tug of war play, and for throwing to "fetch".

Latest threads

Top Bottom