Critique 2019 Oktoberfest - NEF Said - Hardcore - AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f1.4G - October 31th

I've been off the grid for a few days, so do excuse the big dump of comments.
I love the simplicity of Twister, and it's ability to convey cold and wet while also sticking to your theme.
Apple pie is well conceived and shot, and for some reason I'm now craving an apple pie---and we are flooded with ripe pears!
Groundhog day does justice to your colors, and the contrast with the still-green lawn is a strong element.
Nice work Paul.

Real Name
Paul
I've been off the grid for a few days, so do excuse the big dump of comments.
I love the simplicity of Twister, and it's ability to convey cold and wet while also sticking to your theme.
Apple pie is well conceived and shot, and for some reason I'm now craving an apple pie---and we are flooded with ripe pears!
Groundhog day does justice to your colors, and the contrast with the still-green lawn is a strong element.
Nice work Paul.
Thank you Nick!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
18 and 19 both exude fall, and I for sure did not need an explanation for your title on 18, love that film, guilty pleasure.

19, I like that pop of blue as a contrast to the shadows underneath those gorgeous trees. Great symmetry.

Day 19: Groundhog Day
Just a touch out of focus, but I loved the colors. It was 46 degrees this morning, so I don't think I pushed the AF button well with my gloves on.

Groundhog Day, because the red tree on the left is the same tree that was shot on day one. The one to the right and behind were still green then. We've got loads of color now on these trees.
And really gorgeous color it is, Paul. Glad the storm didn't take the leaves down. Ain't New England grand this time of year?

Real Name
Chris
Day 18: American Pie
View attachment 1648422
A peck of apples from Mack's Apples. Although these are not for baking, apple pie is my favorite dessert, so I'm always happy to see these.

American Pie is a teen comedy from 1999, and from the Motion Picture Rating "Rated R for strong sexuality, crude sexual dialogue, language and drinking, all involving teens". Yes, it is very crude and gross, but there are some very funny scenes. One, an obscure reference here, is where a main character (Jim) has an "encounter" with apple pie.

Heh.

Apples are so October. You can ... uh, .. dunk for them.

Real Name
Chris
Day 19: Groundhog Day
View attachment 1648458
Just a touch out of focus, but I loved the colors. It was 46 degrees this morning, so I don't think I pushed the AF button well with my gloves on.

Groundhog Day, because the red tree on the left is the same tree that was shot on day one. The one to the right and behind were still green then. We've got loads of color now on these trees.

We should be seeing colors in Prescott and Flagstaff soon, but for now, just the temperatures being in the 80s is a Godsend.

Nice work again Paul. The colours are certainly coming along nicely- well played on the Groundhog Day idea. Whenever I hear that movie mentioned, I think immediately of Caddyshack...

Paul, I had a great time looking at your thread. I knew I didn’t have time to participate this month but at least wanted to stop in a take a look at the threads of those who participated. You have some very nice shots. Your self portrait was my favorite.

Real Name
Paul
18 and 19 both exude fall, and I for sure did not need an explanation for your title on 18, love that film, guilty pleasure.

19, I like that pop of blue as a contrast to the shadows underneath those gorgeous trees. Great symmetry.
Thanks!

And really gorgeous color it is, Paul. Glad the storm didn't take the leaves down. Ain't New England grand this time of year?
Yes, it is my favorite season in NH.

Heh.

Apples are so October. You can ... uh, .. dunk for them.
:)

Paul, I had a great time looking at your thread. I knew I didn’t have time to participate this month but at least wanted to stop in a take a look at the threads of those who participated. You have some very nice shots. Your self portrait was my favorite.
Thanks you for visiting Terri!

Real Name
Paul
Day 20: The Flintstones
okt2019-20-5094.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This was shot in Chester NH, which is something that has become quite popular in these parts. The towns sell scarecrow heads (our town uses it as a fund raiser for the Historical Society), and folks can then decorate the faces and outfit them, as they desire. This was the first year for this particular display and they really went whole hog (as have several others).

There must be 50 or more in that small town alone, and numerous other small towns are taking to the same type of Halloween decorations. It is way better than tacky inflatable displays that I've seen in the past.

Boy, somebody is taking this competition seriously ..... all in fun, of course. Really interesting, Paul. Wish we had something like that catch on down here.

Latest threads

Top Bottom