Critique 2019 Oktoberfest - NEF Said - Hardcore - AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f1.4G - October 31th

Real Name
Paul
:joyful: :joyful: :joyful:

They are obviously on their way to a meeting of the Loyal Order of Water Buffalo. It's a cool display, and nicely pictured.
So love the story and back history of this interesting image, fun capture!
Boy, somebody is taking this competition seriously ..... all in fun, of course. Really interesting, Paul. Wish we had something like that catch on down here.
Nice revisit!
Thanks Chris, Wade, Harry, and Andy!

Real Name
Paul
Day 21: A Quiet Place
okt2019-21-5112.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is the view I have to put up with each week day when I'm working. It's just terrible... :)

I had a tough time picking a title from the movies that I have, for this shot. Although the title conveys the view I see, the movie does not... Of course "A View to a Kill" wouldn't have been much better. :)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Ultra slight rotation, maybe, but I love the parameter and general framing and sizes picked on this image. Great background color blur... love love this concept with this lens! Well done Paul.

Real Name
Paul
Day 22: Sands of Iwo Jima
okt2019-22-5114.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The flag patterned heart and table cloth were made by my mom. The flag is for my dad, who served on a small carrier (USS Wake Island) in the Pacific theater during WW II - hence the title.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Day 22: Sands of Iwo Jima
View attachment 1648598
The flag patterned heart and table cloth were made by my mom. The flag is for my dad, who served on a small carrier (USS Wake Island) in the Pacific theater during WW II - hence the title.
Wow, seeing a lot of wonderful triangles today, and this one has a great pop of color and good story behind some important objects. Thanks for sharing.

It's a beautiful tableau, Paul. And a wonderful tribute to your Mom and Dad. I think I might have chosen f/8 or f/11 for this one, but that is nitpicking. Well done.

Real Name
Paul
Day 21 - I'm going to go with Chris on this one, Paul. Simple and beautiful. Well done.
It's a beautiful tableau, Paul. And a wonderful tribute to your Mom and Dad. I think I might have chosen f/8 or f/11 for this one, but that is nitpicking. Well done.
Thanks Harry. I wanted to make sure I got the name plate in focus, along with the heart, although I could have push for more DoF. Thanks for the idea.

Latest threads

Top Bottom