Critique 2020 Octoberfest – acnomad (Andy) Hardcore – An Extremely Old 35mm – Day 31

28. Ferdinand's Masterpiece
View attachment 1673007
Another day completely consumed with traveling, so a quick tabletop photograph of a die cast model from one of my closest friends. He was certain that I would one day buy a drivable one of these, or perhaps a 911, but in the 35 years since he made this a gift to me, it remains the only Porsche I hav ever owned.
Zoom! Zoom!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
24. Gator
View attachment 1672740
How to photograph an alligator with a 35mm:
  1. Chin up. (i.e., don't lament the fact that it is Octoberfest and there is no long lens in your bag)
  2. Be smart. (i.e., stay back the same way you would have with that telephoto lens)
  3. Make lemonade. (i.e., include the background that would not have appeared in a tighter field of view)
  4. Pray. (i.e., upload and crop massively, hoping for something usable)
Bonus: upon closer inspection, two sandhill cranes can be seen feeding within the tall grass in the background.
Don't forget the sqirrel at the 3rd tree from the left… :wideyed: ;) :D

Wonderful
Klaus

Real Name
Andy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
29. Cracked
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another day full of travel, so - another opportunity shot. The angled composition was as close as I could come to making art today.

I like that perspective. That looks like frost. I usually did an instagram post on my biz travel at airport gates.

Wow, you are back traveling? Be safe. We have been working remote since March 13. Having been 100k'er and Platinum everything its been weird......

Real Name
Andy
30. Heading for "The Loop"
Octoberfest_20201030_14_044573_20C_6119.jpg

So many colloquial names for mass transit. Londoners call it The Tube; Bostoners, The T (for Transit); New Yorkers, The Train (characteristically no-nonsense). Since much of the track within Second City is eLevated, Chicagoans call it The L. This Blue Line specimen is providing evidence that electricity powers it. Near the center of the city, Blue Line intertwines with the various others forming "The Loop."

30. Heading for "The Loop"
View attachment 1673110
So many colloquial names for mass transit. Londoners call it The Tube; Bostoners, The T (for Transit); New Yorkers, The Train (characteristically no-nonsense). Since much of the track within Second City is eLevated, Chicagoans call it The L. This Blue Line specimen is providing evidence that electricity powers it. Near the center of the city, Blue Line intertwines with the various others forming "The Loop."
Wonderful shot!

Real Name
Andy
31. The Louvre
Octoberfest_20201031_20_310033_20C_6178.jpg

In Palm Beach Gardens there stands a pair of office towers with Louvre-like roof structures. Here is an image of one reflecting the other.

Thanks to all who checked in on my thread and provided comments, critique, and encouragement. It was both enjoyable and challenging shooting with this old rangefinder lens. I learned a great deal from the process.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom