Critique 2020 Octoberfest – acnomad (Andy) Hardcore – An Extremely Old 35mm – Day 31

Your BW processing is very suiting for your last 3 posts. Could you get a long exposure on the sail submarine to blur the water? That would be cool, but might have issues with motion blur of the subject. Maybe blend a layer to smooth the water? Sorry, not trying to make work for you, just suggestions.

Real Name
Andy
12 - happy days!
Indeed! My kids seem to smile a lot, so the expense of braces seems worth it!
3 - sidetracks can happen. You're making lemonade.
I'm hoping to get back on track here soon...
14 - very cool shot, I'm thinking one sunk in the last storm and not recovered yet?
This was a lucky find at a spot that I had not been to before, so I don't know how long it's been like that. I'm guessing the keel is touching the floor of the intracoastal there, because only the sail was moving.

Real Name
Andy
Your BW processing is very suiting for your last 3 posts. Could you get a long exposure on the sail submarine to blur the water? That would be cool, but might have issues with motion blur of the subject. Maybe blend a layer to smooth the water? Sorry, not trying to make work for you, just suggestions.
I actually had everything with me that I needed to blur the water (ND filters, filter adapter holder, remote shutter release) minus one key tool - a tripod! So, I just settled for the ordinary shot, but I do agree that it would have been nice to smooth out the water.

Real Name
Andy
15. Riptide
Octoberfest_20201015_16_414578_20C_5857.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
The patterns in the water and sky are beautiful and make a very interesting image.

Real Name
Andy
18. Bridge
Octoberfest_20201018_12_452343_20C_5901.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yes, I realize it is out of focus. It was not intentional - I was just in too much of a hurry. By the time I recognized the error, it was too late to get anything else for the day.

Latest threads

Top Bottom