Critique 2020 Octoberfest – Gordo – 23/2, 35/2, 90/2 – 25 Oct

Going to give Octoberfest another shot. Last few years haven't been the greatest, so we'll see how it goes this month.

Player level. X100F with its 23/2 lens, and the X-H1 with the 35/2 or 90/2. I plan on using mostly the 23/2 and the 90/2, with the 35 to fill in if needed.

Grab shot of this year's pile o' stuff.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Modern fashion essential.

edit - X-H1, 35/2
original.jpg

Last edited:
Darth Vader would be proud of that shot! :D Looking forward to you unmasking more shots this Oktoberfest.

Phil, Gordon, Andy - thanks.

I've had to go back and get mine more than a few times as well.

Plans and outcomes not the same, so tabletop as a fallback.

Older knife, new cutting board. I need to drop one more coat of conditioner on it and see if it soaks up any more, then it'll be ready for use.

edit - X100F
original.jpg

I'll be back later to catch everyone's threads, going to try for some moon shots this evening.

Last edited:
Nice knife. I have a similar one at home.
Thanks Phil - it's a bit big for me these days, only cooking for myself. I'd like to get one 1 - 1.5" (3cm) shorter, would work better for me. Maybe one day.

Plans and outcomes not the same, so tabletop as a fallback.

Older knife, new cutting board. I need to drop one more coat of conditioner on it and see if it soaks up any more, then it'll be ready for use.

View attachment 1671171

I'll be back later to catch everyone's threads, going to try for some moon shots this evening.
Love the grain of the wood Gordo. Henckels knives are really nice. I found with my Shun knives that different tasks work better with different sizes and styles of blades, so I accumulated a set over time. Well worth the investment.

Love the grain of the wood Gordo. Henckels knives are really nice. I found with my Shun knives that different tasks work better with different sizes and styles of blades, so I accumulated a set over time. Well worth the investment.
Thanks Paul. IMHO, based on the knives I've bought the last 2.5 years, their quality has dropped. I haven't been able to find kitchen knives that are straight, or don't have uneven bolsters, or have edge grinds so bad I have to make a second cut with a different part of the edge. Very frustrating.

Another fail. Sometimes we get beautiful pastel fades from blues to pinks to oranges to reds as the sun sets. And it can look pretty cool (IMHO) through the tree outside the apartment. I tried for that today. Ended up being a dull white-ish gray. So, bland monochrome conversion.

X-H1, 90/2

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom