Critique 2020 Octoberfest – Palouse (Nick) Hardcore – Nikkor S 50 f/1.8 – 26-27 October—THANKS!.

Looks like you had a lot of fun playing around with lines. My favorite one is the first one. But, aren't we glad we've had this chance to experiment an play around with our gear this month. I will admit, I'm glad it's almost done because I am out of ideas of things close to home, and it's too cold for me to want to get out and go somewhere to shoot.

Looks like you had a lot of fun playing around with lines. My favorite one is the first one. But, aren't we glad we've had this chance to experiment an play around with our gear this month. I will admit, I'm glad it's almost done because I am out of ideas of things close to home, and it's too cold for me to want to get out and go somewhere to shoot.

You nailed it, Terri. Last year I was traveling for half of the month, and having new places to shot made it easy. This year, with Covid etc., I was forced into creativity, risk taking and doing stuff that went against my intuition—and that IS the power of Octoberfest! And of course all the supporting voices around us.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Very nice and interesting lines. The 1st one is my favourite too.

And I agree with you about the power and spirit of Octoberfest. There is some pressure, but it's fun.

Real Name
Paul
26-27 October

Slipping off schedule again. Meetings and reports due for the Land Trust, and after 3 years of retirement my writing skills are rusty—but I blame it on Covid and 2020.

Was sitting in my office and "decided" on something abstract that offered itself up to me. Nothing very good, but fun.

1. I was staring into space, aka, the neighbor's roof and I noticed the lines in the snow that matched the shingles beneath.
View attachment 1672967

2. A change in exposure and the venetian blinds on my window added another layer of lines.

View attachment 1672968

3. A change in focus and the screen window aded its mesh of lines.

View attachment 1672970

4. Shortly after that the blinds cast an abstract pattern on my monitor (which I wasn't using at the time).

View attachment 1672969
The lines on the shingles are interesting. I also like the focus on the screen as well.

Real Name
Ken St John
26-27 October

Slipping off schedule again. Meetings and reports due for the Land Trust, and after 3 years of retirement my writing skills are rusty—but I blame it on Covid and 2020.

Was sitting in my office and "decided" on something abstract that offered itself up to me. Nothing very good, but fun.

1. I was staring into space, aka, the neighbor's roof and I noticed the lines in the snow that matched the shingles beneath.
View attachment 1672967

2. A change in exposure and the venetian blinds on my window added another layer of lines.

View attachment 1672968

3. A change in focus and the screen window aded its mesh of lines.

View attachment 1672970

4. Shortly after that the blinds cast an abstract pattern on my monitor (which I wasn't using at the time).

View attachment 1672969
Interesting use of the blinds and how they interact with the view outside. Like 'em all!!

Ken

It's like that old song ends,
"Yeah, ain't it surprisin' how time slips away?"

With Land Trust reports, yard work, snow tires, winterizing, etc., I just plain lost track of time!
It sure has been a fun month, and as in the past, bonding with a 50 f/1.8 was, well . . . eye opening!

Sorry I didn't finish the series, but I enjoyed all of your great pictures, comments and enthusiasm.

Latest threads

Top Bottom