Critique 2020 Octoberfest – Palouse (Nick) Hardcore – Nikkor S 50 f/1.8 – 26-27 October—THANKS!.

I hadn't planned for a theme, but it's day 3 and I'm still in the yard! :rolleyes:

1. Fallen comrades.
Oct3-016.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Read for their fall . . .
Oct3-008.jpg

3. Persistent Hosta!

Oct3-026.jpg

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Nice set. I think you can stay in the yard for a month and still have enough subjects to capture.

Thanks Phil, Chris and Andy. The yard is convenient and so perfect for "OMG, I need to get me an Octoberfest shot, quick" photography. But it time to find some new locations.
I've loved your yard photos. I'll probably do the same thing in mine when I have a hard time getting out to get a shot. Hopefully your getting out and about will motivate me to do the same.

Dinner took longer than planned, and then our son called. . . so I'm making do with a old friend I found when organizing my "office"/"studio"/family junk room:

Got this in 1972/3. State of the art back then. I think I'l start using it again . . .

W40-004.jpg

Real Name
Andy
During my recent move, I discovered my old HP and thought it would be fun to run a few calculations through it to revisit RPN. Alas, the battery was quite dead. Nice image, Nick - it shows that f/1.8 is fast enough when you have mastered the skill of achieving shallow DOF by controlling the distance relationships between camera, focal point and background.

I hadn't planned for a theme, but it's day 3 and I'm still in the yard! :rolleyes:

1. Fallen comrades.
View attachment 1671229

2. Read for their fall . . .
View attachment 1671228

3. Persistent Hosta!

View attachment 1671230

Nice series, I'm liking #1 best. Yard is working well for you if you need to keep using it.

Dinner took longer than planned, and then our son called. . . so I'm making do with a old friend I found when organizing my "office"/"studio"/family junk room:

Got this in 1972/3. State of the art back then. I think I'l start using it again . . .

View attachment 1671306

:D

Had a few old TIs.

Then I had to get calcs with large buttons and numbers... :cautious:

Good use of the thin dof.

5 OCTOBER

Went out for a dusty drive this evening. Hoping for some harvest patterns, but the dust was thick. Settled for some sunsets, shooting straight into the setting sun. (Yup, a few sensor spots to deal with, time to test out my new blaster.
If you want the BEST bulb blower for your lenses and your sensor, look into this: https://photosol.com/products/orbit-hepa-blower/
Head and shoulders above the rocket that we all use(d) and love(d). About $25, USD. Well worth it if you are the finicky type.

Oct4-009.jpg

Oct4-014.jpg

Oct4-013.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom