Critique 2020 Octoberfest – Palouse (Nick) Hardcore – Nikkor S 50 f/1.8 – 26-27 October.

Real Name
Andy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
13 October

Between playing around on my shots for the CS, cooking, watching the rain, and breaking my glasses (i'm wearing a pair that has a prescription that is 4+ years old) I forgot to shot an October 13 offering. So I "cannibalized" and unused CS shot.

Car lit by a blue gelled flash that was bounced off the corner of the garage (left of the car) and daylight.

1. As shot.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. SilverEfx w/Film Noir 3 conversion.

3. SilverEfx w/Film Noir 3 conversion and blue filter.

13 October

Between playing around on my shots for the CS, cooking, watching the rain, and breaking my glasses (i'm wearing a pair that has a prescription that is 4+ years old) I forgot to shot an October 13 offering. So I "cannibalized" and unused CS shot.

Car lit by a blue gelled flash that was bounced off the corner of the garage (left of the car) and daylight.

1. As shot.

View attachment 1671978

2. SilverEfx w/Film Noir 3 conversion.

View attachment 1671979

3. SilverEfx w/Film Noir 3 conversion and blue filter.

View attachment 1671980
The color in #1 is great. Well done. I like the B&W #2 as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with you both, Paul and Phil. #3 is an eyeopener, it so changes the look and feel. Actually, my first couple of shots with an un-gelled flash, produce a somewhat similar look.

Power lines - great use of perspective.

Car - I like it. Color version best, B&W 2 a close second.

Nick, some really wonderful images. I'm enjoying all the members "Octoberfest" images even if I have not commented. Making notes and noting the various locations so that once we get through this virus I'm planning on taking a long road trip and attempt to visit each general area. The Palouse and Tetons are definetly on that list.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom