Critique 2020 Octoberfest – Palouse (Nick) Hardcore – Nikkor S 50 f/1.8 – 26-27 October.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick, some really wonderful images. I'm enjoying all the members "Octoberfest" images even if I have not commented. Making notes and noting the various locations so that once we get through this virus I'm planning on taking a long road trip and attempt to visit each general area. The Palouse and Tetons are definetly on that list.
Thanks John. As antsy as I am to travel, we are staying home for the foreseeable future. Maybe next spring life will open up a bit. Until then, we have plenty to keep us busy at home.

14-15 October

Somehow yesterday slipped by me unnoticed.

Inspired by the fall colors and seasonal changes that many of you have recorded, here are some of what is keeping me excited.

1. Ivy that has decided it is time to grow! (I have clippers that will put an end to that!)

Oct15-006.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Bye-bye Ivy . . ,

Oct15-007.jpg

3. Viburnum in its fall majesty—I love how the paler leaf in the middle stands out.

Oct15-013.jpg

4. Viburnum is a study in peachy-red and green.

Oct15-014.jpg

14-15 October

Inspired by the fall colors and seasonal changes that many of you have recorded, here are some of what is keeping me excited.

1. Ivy that has decided it is time to grow! (I have clippers that will put an end to that!)

View attachment 1672098

2. Bye-bye Ivy . . ,

View attachment 1672099

3. Viburnum in its fall majesty—I love how the paler leaf in the middle stands out.

View attachment 1672100

4. Viburnum is a study in peachy-red and green.

View attachment 1672101
The first one is my favorite!

16 October

Uniform grey skies today—perfect mid tine, but boring.

So in keeping with the observation that Terri and I made, and with inspiration from Andy, here is

1. A study in red—first pomegranate of the season!

16 October

Uniform grey skies today—perfect mid tine, but boring.

So in keeping with the observation that Terri and I made, and with inspiration from Andy, here is

View attachment 1672144
Super shot! I love pomegranates. My aunt used to get me one every Christmas, when I was a kid. Fond memories.

Real Name
Andy
Car lit by a blue gelled flash that was bounced off the corner of the garage (left of the car) and daylight.
Very nice comparison of these and accompanying explanation. I actually like the #3 blue filter treatment best.
14-15 October

I really like the #1 "pre-cut" image.
Striking red.

17 October

Just posted a similar shot (in color) in the new CS-Autumn weather, so I figured a B&W conversion would be a good challenge, because of all the important colors and textures. In-camera about a stop or so underexposed. Neutral colors as a DXO preset. Slight push in vibrance, then off to SilverEfx. Ominous Fade with a green filter worked best for my taste and mood.

17 October

Just posted a similar shot (in color) in the new CS-Autumn weather, so I figured a B&W conversion would be a good challenge, because of all the important colors and textures. In-camera about a stop or so underexposed. Neutral colors as a DXO preset. Slight push in vibrance, then off to SilverEfx. Ominous Fade with a green filter worked best for my taste and mood.

View attachment 1672208
Nice, but I have to admit the color one is more dramatic (to me).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom