Share 2020 Octoberfest - Bucket

While I was in Pembroke I saw, this picture of a building for sale. Didn't meet the theme (historic building), but I thought it was the ultimate in home protection... :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A bit of gameplay: red - color - red - color ... and so on.

Overview

Later: Pot that red to the corner, positioning the cue ball for the black. About mirrored position from where the cue lies... for the black to go into the opposite corner, next

That's where it should end up after red and black... now execute accordingly :)

Also from today's walk

Day 17 bucket shots from Quincy Massachusetts...

John Quincy Adam's (6th U.S. president) Birthplace

This was right next door to John Adam's birthplace.

Old House at Peacefield

From Wikipedia...
"The Old House was originally constructed in 1731 for Leonard Vassall, a sugar planter, and was used as his summer house. The house stood empty for some time before it, along with 75 acres (30 ha), was purchased by Adams on September 23, 1787, for 600 pounds. The Adams family renamed it Peacefield, moved in the next year, and various generations occupied it until 1927, when it was sold to the Adams Memorial Society."

Day 17 bucket Quincy MA...

Thomas Crane Library (one section)

From Wikipedia...
"It is noted for its architecture. It was funded by the Crane family as a memorial to Thomas Crane, a wealthy stone contractor who got his start in the Quincy quarries.[3] The Thomas Crane Library has the second largest municipal collection in Massachusetts after the Boston Public Library.
The Thomas Crane Public Library was built in four stages: the original building (1882) by architect H. H. Richardson; an additional ell with stack space and stained glass (1908) by William Martin Aiken in Richardson's style; a major expansion (1939) by architects Paul A. and Carroll Coletti, with stone carvings by sculptor Joseph Coletti of Quincy; and a recent addition (2001) by Boston architects Childs, Bertman, and Tseckares, which doubled the size of the library."""

Bethany Congregational Church

From wikipedia...
"The main facade, facing the street corner, has a projecting section in which the entrance is deeply recessed under an arch. An elaborate multipart stained glass window stands in the gable above this projecting section. The corners and side walls are buttressed, with three-part Gothic windows in the side walls. The tower is the building's most striking element, with three-part rectangular windows below a pinnacled parapet.
The congregation was formed in 1832. Its second building, erected in 1870, was torn down in the 1920s to provide space for the Granite Trust Company building. That company gave the church this parcel of land, on which the church was built in 1927."

Day 18 Bucket: Rollingsford New Hampshire

Another view of the Town Hall (snuck the sun behind it)...

Mills at Salmon Falls (now residential housing)...

Colonel Paul Wentworth's House...

I had to dig to find out about this house. From a TripAdvisor article...

"The Colonel Paul Wentworth House is one of those hidden gems well off the beaten path. It’s a regional treasure. It is one of the oldest homes in New Hampshire. It was built circa 1701.
Colonel Paul Wentworth’s family lived at the property for centuries until 1936 when descendent Frederick N. Blodgett and his wife Alice had the house dismantled and moved to Dover, Massachusetts. They lived there until their deaths in 1980 and 1999 respectively. In 1998, a Rollinsford Historical Committee member drove to Dover, Massachusetts to see the Colonel Paul Wentworth House. A successions of events led to saving the home from being demolished and successfully acquiring it and having it dismantled in 2002 and brought back to Rollinsford where it was reassembled in 2002."

I almost chose this as the day's image.

Also from Sunny Bay today. The butterfly is heavily cropped so not qualified for Octoberfest.

Day 19 bucket...

South Sutton Schoolhouse

I couldn't find any info on this schoolhouse, which is behind the town meetinghouse. It is dated 1863 and very cute.

Sutton Pillsbury Memorial Hall

From Wikipedia...
"It is a single-story masonry structure, built out of brick and granite. Romanesque features include a two-story turret at the front, capped by a pyramidal roof, an arcade of rounded arches forming a recessed porch to its left that extends around to the side. The main hall of the building, where town meetings are held, is a single story element at its rear, with the selectmen's office on the ground floor of the tower, and a large steel vault between it and the auditorium. A room originally used as a library is located in the northeast corner.

The hall was built in 1891 to a design by Minnesota architect Leroy S. Buffington. The building was a gift of John Sargent Pillsbury, who was born in Sutton before achieving business and political success in Minnesota. Sutton had previously held its town meetings in private homes (from incorporation in 1749 until the 1790s), alternating in two privately erected meetinghouses until the 1830s, and then a variety of locations prior to construction of this hall. It has served as the center of town government since."

Sutton Matthew Harvey Homestead

From historical marker...
"Matthew Harvey settled here 1772; active in church and affairs of the beginnings of the town. Son Matthew was Governor, 1830; son Jonathan let the State Senate, General Court. Both were members of the U.S. Congress. Jonathan inherited the farm 1799; it was occupied by his descendants until 1941. The 30th N.H. Regiment mustered at this place."

From a plaque on site...
"Through his generosity and foresight to preserve historic building and land, Bob (Robert Stannard Bristol) ensured that our rich New Hampshire agrarian traditions and way of life will never be forgotten. The priceless gift of Muster Field Farm Museum - Matthew Harvey Homestead as a working farm and museum lives on, as Bob willed for future generations to learn from and enjoy."

I placed another photo of some of the buildings on site, in the 791 Collective Shoot (second photo) - https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/cs-719-autumn-weather.324759/page-3#post-4120640

That's what cought my attraction :)

So much going on. I decided to chose a more straight, lined up composition, though...

Real Name
Andy
The frog shot that I wanted, but he hopped away before I could nail the focus.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom