Share 2020 Octoberfest - Bucket

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Please place any images connected to the Octoberfest 2020 Meme, but that do not qualify as your official Octoberfest posting, in this thread.

Kind regards
Klaus

Real Name
Andy
I'll start the bucket with two extremely imperfect images.

1. The 60-year-old optic that I have chosen for this year's Octoberfest does not benefit from modern solutions to lens flare:
Octoberfest_20201001_08_240775_20C_5586.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. The aperture ring is at the front and the aperture numbers can only be seen by looking directly at the area around the front element. Inadvertent shutter release while inspecting the aperture setting results in out of focus selfies:
Octoberfest_20201001_08_253049_20C_5591.jpg

Coming home after quite a demanding office day. Our fiscal year ended yesterday, so we spent most of the day checking invoicing, made sure we had taken track of everything done during the last quarter, getting ready to do the reporting... nobody pays for that, still it has to be done.
In the afternoon, we met amongst the partners to transfer shares - the 3 younger of us getting another bit more from the former owner. After all that, heading home, it took me forever - traffic jam.

Days like these need a young guy waiting for you on the sofa. That's all you need to remember what REALLY matters! Forget the office stuff:

"Cool, dad is home to study the photo book with me!"

OF2020-b-01.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 2.
Some high altitude smoke from the fires in California and Oregon made for golden hour at noon. Couldn't resist.

Oct2-008.jpg

Real Name
Paul
Bedford public library...
2020_02__DSC7193.jpg

A fairly new building, set in the historic district of the town. In case you are wondering, the bulldog (on left) is the mascot for the town high school.

Presbyterian Church
2020_02__DSC7190.jpg

The Scot Irish settlers that settled in 1737, wanted a church and meeting place and had one built in 1755 where the town hall is currently located (see by thread). They then built this church in 1832. Not sure, if the town hall was the original church, or if it is a newer building at that location (it is old as well).

Coming home after quite a demanding office day. Our fiscal year ended yesterday, so we spent most of the day checking invoicing, made sure we had taken track of everything done during the last quarter, getting ready to do the reporting... nobody pays for that, still it has to be done.
In the afternoon, we met amongst the partners to transfer shares - the 3 younger of us getting another bit more from the former owner. After all that, heading home, it took me forever - traffic jam.

Days like these need a young guy waiting for you on the sofa. That's all you need to remember what REALLY matters! Forget the office stuff:

"Cool, dad is home to study the photo book with me!"

View attachment 1671057
Yesterday, I said I had a hard day. And I said, after a hard day, all one needs is a happy small boy awaiting one to play.

Today... made yesterday look easy. And the boy - oh well ... :

I got stuck again, there must have happened an accident on the highway. What takes me 45min normally - getting home - took 1:20, driving through little villages far abroad the main route.

20min from home, Claudia called me. I should, please, not be too scared when arriving home, and clean up the mess. She told me what happened, that Mayla was 'outsourced' to the neighbors, and other neighbors drove her to the hospital with Luca...

What awaited me was...

Dressing material and a towel soaked in blood

OF2020-b-02a.jpg

And this

Battlefield
taken after cleaning up all the blood dripped everywhere

OF2020-b-02b.jpg

Little Luca tried to climb the TV board. The phone rung - it had been placed on the center speaker that was standing upright, to the left of the TV. Grabing the speaker to pull himself further up... he fell backwards down to the floor, the heavy speaker following him and hitting him hard :(

Deep cut on the forehead - we were lucky he wasn't hit directly in the face nor had his nose broken.

I went over to pick up Mayla after cleaning up, had dinner with her, and just before she had to go to bed at 8, lil brother was back home. Not sure he has learnt anything - back in action, full of energy, eating a bite before going to bed. Oh, and proudly showing his already very tired sister the new earned battle marks..

Look - 7 stitches!

OF2020-b-02c.jpg

OF2020-b-02d.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
Yesterday, I said I had a hard day. And I said, after a hard day, all one needs is a happy small boy awaiting one to play.

Today... made yesterday look easy. And the boy - oh well ... :

I got stuck again, there must have happened an accident on the highway. What takes me 45min normally - getting home - took 1:20, driving through little villages far abroad the main route.

20min from home, Claudia called me. I should, please, not be too scared when arriving home, and clean up the mess. She told me what happened, that Mayla was 'outsourced' to the neighbors, and other neighbors drove her to the hospital with Luca...

What awaited me was...

Dressing material and a towel soaked in blood

View attachment 1671140

And this

Battlefield
taken after cleaning up all the blood dripped everywhere

View attachment 1671142

Little Luca tried to climb the TV board. The phone rung - it had been placed on the center speaker that was standing upright, to the left of the TV. Grabing the speaker to pull himself further up... he fell backwards down to the floor, the heavy speaker following him and hitting him hard :(

Deep cut on the forehead - we were lucky he wasn't hit directly in the face nor had his nose broken.

I went over to pick up Mayla after cleaning up, had dinner with her, and just before she had to go to bed at 8, lil brother was back home. Not sure he has learnt anything - back in action, full of energy, eating a bite before going to bed. Oh, and proudly showing his already very tired sister the new earned battle marks..

Look - 7 stitches!

View attachment 1671143

View attachment 1671141
Aw! ? Life's little mishaps. Glad to hear Luca is fine, and that things will return to normal.

Real Name
Andy
I was hoping to do some wide open shooting with today's cloudy skies, but none of my f/2.5 compositions came out the way I hoped. Here's one that almost worked:
Octoberfest_20201002_10_354019_20C_5596.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Andy
Plenty of taxicabs at McCarran. No waiting.
Octoberfest_20201003_11_295524_20C_5606.jpg

Real Name
Paul
Day 3 runner ups... :)

Old church at the center of Chester that is actively used...
2020_03_DSC0003.jpg

Unfortunately, I clipped the very top of the steeple. Another shot I had, which had a better perspective, had power lines running across the steeple.

Chester public library (not very old though)...
2020_03_DSC0007.jpg

Chester is really big on having scarecrow decorations. Just about EVERY home, business, and public building has some decoration. The historical society sells the plan scarecrows and then folks dress and paint them.

This one has Sleeping Beauty on the main entrance, and some Doctor Seuss characters at the other door.

Tomorrow will be the day to watch through all these wonderful threads and contributions. Quite some work this past week, and the before mentioned Luca stunt kept us busy. Enjoying wonderful autumn weather, we went for a family walk today. Bus up to the old Regensberg village, 2hrs on the playground, and wandering down, homewards. When back home, did a bit of gardening and have a guest.

Glad to share sunny blue skies.

Regensberg / the start

OF2020-b-04a.jpg

Looking back while walking down / yes, I like my 24mm panoramic...

OF2020-b-04b.jpg

OF2020-b-04c.jpg

OF2020-b-04d.jpg

Loved ones on their way home

OF2020-b-04e.jpg

Yes, they like to bring their own backpacks. Luca carries a truck and an excavator, Mayla a few horses - both not needed and never leaving the bag. But it is important to know you could if you wanted... :)

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
Tomorrow will be the day to watch through all these wonderful threads and contributions. Quite some work this past week, and the before mentioned Luca stunt kept us busy. Enjoying wonderful autumn weather, we went for a family walk today. Bus up to the old Regensberg village, 2hrs on the playground, and wandering down, homewards. When back home, did a bit of gardening and have a guest.

Glad to share sunny blue skies.

Regensberg / the start

View attachment 1671266

Looking back while walking down / yes, I like my 24mm panoramic...

View attachment 1671267

View attachment 1671270

View attachment 1671268

Loved ones on their way home

View attachment 1671269
Indeed, very beautiful area!

Real Name
Paul
More Danville...

The town has two historic school houses, this one is on private property.
2020_04__DSC7226.jpg

I also found the Webster Stagecoach Stop and Store, historical site...
2020_04__DSC7224.jpg

It was built in 1820, and was owned by Nathaniel Webster, a third cousin of the famous Daniel Webster. While I was there, I met some people from the Historical Society, preparing it for Winter. They mentioned that it was originally across the street, and then moved here. They had all sorts of colorful tales about the stagecoach stop, town meeting halls and old school houses.

2020_04__DSC7227.jpg

Couldn't get a great angle on this shot, as car was in the way, but you can see the old construction. Inside it is loaded with old tools, horse harness, and stuff from the store. Quite a treasure mine for the town.

Real Name
Andy
I really had great enjoyment with this lens today, even in my missed shots.

Here I tried to make a nightscape with the Moon, Mars, a bike rack, and a building. But by them time I got into position, Mars was about to disappear behind the building, so I rushed to get any kind of image. Even with the Moon overexposed, Mars is barely discernible.
Octoberfest_20201004_06_422908.jpg

This crop from the above image shows the redness of Mars (it was a sight to behold) and the significant comatic aberration produced by the lens.
Octoberfest_20201004_06_422908-2.jpg

Although the owner of this freshly restored DiTomaso Pantera was glad to let me interrupt his morning with photos, I somehow failed to notice the van in the background, spoiling what otherwise might have been a rather nice portrait of a very unique car.
Octoberfest_20201004_07_352741_20C_5635.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom