2020 Octoberfest - Minuteman3 (Ken) Hardcore - Canon EF 50mm f1.4 Day 18 and 18A

Real Name
Ken St John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Day 11 - Rainy Day Project

The rains returned today, which made a fall wash & wax impossible.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Which meant I needed to do something productive. Since I haven't cleaned or sorted my tool box in @#$ years ... suddenly I had something to do!

Cheers!!

Ken

Day 10 - No pix due to Celebration of Life

Sorry ... missed today. A good friend's mother passed away and Saturday (10/9) was her celebration of life and we were busy most of the day cooking and assisting. She was a great lady and lived a long and full life, so it was not as depressing as most. (And, her loss was non-COVID related, just in case you're curious.)

Ken
Condolences. :(

View attachment 1671842
Which meant I needed to do something productive. Since I haven't cleaned or sorted my tool box in @#$ years ... suddenly I had something to do!
View attachment 1671843
Cheers!!

Ken
Great colors. That tool box project makes my inner OCD twitch - it would give me fits. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1671842
View attachment 1671843
Cheers!!

Ken
Both great shots. I LOVE craftsman tools... sad to see them gone now. Envious of the rain (as we are in a drought), though I hear tomorrow we will get weather from hurricane Delta. Much needed.

Real Name
Ken St John
Day 12 - Tip of the Spear

A well weathered Sidewinder from the McChord AFB outdoor museum.

Cheers!!

Ken

Real Name
Andy
Day 12 - Tip of the Spear

A well weathered Sidewinder from the McChord AFB outdoor museum.
I know someone who was fond of saying "Lead from the tip of the spear; your best will be good enough." Not sure if that is a quote attributable to someone else, but perhaps you're familiar with it.

Real Name
Ken St John
Day 13 - Last bit of twilight

The sun peaked out a bit after a windy and rainy day. I am not a big fan of the many oak trees we have, especially this time of the year when they shed their gazillion leaves!! But, tonight, when the tips caught some sun ... I must admit they were rather pretty.
IMG_3250.jpg

Cheers!!

Ken

Day 13 - Last bit of twilight

The sun peaked out a bit after a windy and rainy day. I am not a big fan of the many oak trees we have, especially this time of the year when they shed their gazillion leaves!! But, tonight, when the tips caught some sun ... I must admit they were rather pretty.
View attachment 1671976
Cheers!!

Ken
Very interesting colors with the blue sky, clouds, sunlight on the tree...

Real Name
Ken St John
Day 14 - And so it begins ...

After a windy and stormy day yesterday, this morning I was greeted by the first serious leaf drop of the season from our dozen oak trees. Our yard will look like this most of the time for the next couple of months.
IMG_3249.jpg

Cheers!!

Ken

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom