2020 Octoberfest - Minuteman3 (Ken) Hardcore - Canon EF 50mm f1.4 Day 18 and 18A

Real Name
Ken St John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Day 15 - Waiting to ripen

My wife brought in a lot of tomatoes that she's hoping will ripen indoors. I'm not sure that will work, but I did think they made an interesting DOF study!!
IMG_3260_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers!!

Ken

Not sure how I missed several of yours. I try to comment on everyone’s each day so I apologize. The middle shot looks great in black and white. The oak trees and leaves remind me of our situation. Too many trees....too much work. But they do have their beauty and make nice photography subjects. The tomato shot is fun. Hope they all ripen for you!

Real Name
Ken St John
Day 16 & 17 - Time to catch up

Yesterday was a bear of a day but today (Saturday) I was able to fit in a little fun.

About the only thing I saw yesterday was my office and my computer. Bunch of updates to push out to one of my IT clients. This was during a quiet time, disconnected from the remote session ...

What a difference a day makes!! Among a lot of other things, one of our stops today was at the place where I have been getting wood chunks for the projects I have been working on. I did buy two nice pieces, but they had a bunch of odd shaped pieces that were in the "free" bin!! (In this picture, the one I bought is the long piece. The rest were free!!)

Cheers!!

Ken

No matter the subject matter, your photos are always so nice. I love your use of DOF. I'm glad you got a day to get out and have some enjoyable time. Greg has some old wood pieces that he has collected for projects. I'll have to show him this thread and what you are doing.

Real Name
Ken St John
No matter the subject matter, your photos are always so nice. I love your use of DOF. I'm glad you got a day to get out and have some enjoyable time. Greg has some old wood pieces that he has collected for projects. I'll have to show him this thread and what you are doing.
Thanks Terri

BTW - in case y'all are looking for some inspiration, HERE is the outfit here in town where I only shop the bargain bins!! Their furniture is gorgeous ... but pricey!! Basically, I use the "free" or $5-$40 cast-off pieces to create mini versions!!

Ken

Thanks Terri

BTW - in case y'all are looking for some inspiration, HERE is the outfit here in town where I only shop the bargain bins!! Their furniture is gorgeous ... but pricey!! Basically, I use the "free" or $5-$40 cast-off pieces to create mini versions!!

Ken
I also dabble with live edge wood, nothing like the smell of REAL tung oil in the morning (not that stuff they sell in local box stores). My source a few years ago was a small sawmill near Mt Rainier. The link you supplied is Way closer, thanks. Yes, post the results.

Real Name
Ken St John
I also dabble with live edge wood, nothing like the smell of REAL tung oil in the morning (not that stuff they sell in local box stores). My source a few years ago was a small sawmill near Mt Rainier. The link you supplied is Way closer, thanks. Yes, post the results.
Will do!!

Ken

Real Name
Ken St John
Day - 18 Project work begins!!

Here's a piece of maple that I just started working on. I first planed it and sanded it to a pretty smooth finish. Next step is to carve out these worm holes (or whatever they are). What I remove loos like fine sawdust so maybe it's termites? Anyway, I clean those out first ... next comes something to fill the holes!!

This one's about 18" long and 6" wide ... think it'll end up being some sort of serving platter.

Cheers!!

Ken

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom