2020 Octoberfest - Minuteman3 (Ken) Hardcore - Canon EF 50mm f1.4 Day 26

Real Name
Andy
The sun peeked out for a while today, and I was able to give my wife's car a fall clean & polish.
You do good work.
And, one of the cutting boards I have been working on got it's initial coat of mineral oil last night.
See above.
my chief gardener determined that mowing the lawn was a higher priority!
See above again.
Downtown Tacoma ... the main "drag" ... Pacific Avenue.
Great street scene. I guess I’ve been to Seattle and Seatac, but never Tacoma itself...

Real Name
Ken St John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Day 8 - Whoooosh!!

Our young dog Sparky LOVES to run. I think somewhere he had an ancestor who was a greyhound!! Took him to a nearby park for a little "run" today.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I took the pictures ... my wife took care of keeping up with the pooch!!

Ken

Day 8 - Whoooosh!!

Our young dog Sparky LOVES to run. I think somewhere he had an ancestor who was a greyhound!! Took him to a nearby park for a little "run" today.
View attachment 1671570
View attachment 1671571

Ken
Made me smile and remember a long time ago, my dad would take our dog to the practice fairway at a local golf course to run. Dad would take a good sized branch to his 30 feet lead, so that the dog couldn’t run too fast and was “catchable”.

Real Name
Ken St John
Day 9 - Smooth

This is the magic machine where my current obsession with woodworking starts - a planer. Take an old piece or scrap of wood, run it through this a few times, and out comes a beautiful piece of wood!!

Ken

Day 9 - Smooth

This is the magic machine where my current obsession with woodworking starts - a planer. Take an old piece or scrap of wood, run it through this a few times, and out comes a beautiful piece of wood!!
View attachment 1671627
Ken
Nice Capture! That’s one tool I never bought, I rely on hand planes, which obviously are only good for certain tasks.

Real Name
Andy
the magic machine where my current obsession with woodworking starts
I rely on hand planes
Nice photo of a very useful tool, Ken. In my current state of disarray that has accompanied my recent move, I have been fumbling around a garage full of stuff that came straight off the moving truck. Among those items is an old Belsaw planer that requires 220V to run. At the moment, it is a 400-lb doorstop because there are no such outlets in the garage (yet). So if I were to take on a project such as yours at the moment, it would be with a trusty old jointer planer, much like one of Paul's, I imagine. Though cathartic, it is pretty tedious to flatten a board by hand, so for now, I'm sticking to making photographs for my entertainment.

Day 5 - Complete!

The sun peeked out for a while today, and I was able to give my wife's car a fall clean & polish.
View attachment 1671362
She's coming up on her fourth birthday (Nov 2016) and has served us well!! I especially enjoy the 40+ MPG!!

And, one of the cutting boards I have been working on got it's initial coat of mineral oil last night. It's complete except for the oil. I really like the way the dark copper epoxy filled the hole on this side. It looks so natural!!
View attachment 1671363
Cheers!!

Ken
WOw. Excellent work, on both. Great colors and cool reflections in the first shot.

Day 6 - Oh No You Don't!

With the sun peaking out this afternoon, I considered taking off to get some shots of something more interesting ... but, alas, my chief gardener determined that mowing the lawn was a higher priority!
View attachment 1671435
View attachment 1671436
Cheers!!

Ken
Green! :) Yardwork. :(

Day 7 - Memory Lane

Downtown Tacoma ... the main "drag" ... Pacific Avenue. Although like a lot of American cities, the downtown core is not the retail center it once was, the area remains for the most part pretty busy. The building on the right side of the street with the pyramid shape on the roof is of special significance. Once upon a time, it was home to the Puget Sound National Bank. My Dad worked for the bank for more than 45 years, and a lot of his years were spent as the assistant manager, and manager, of the main branch located in that building. Gobbled up by Key Bank in the early 90's, the bank's gone now. But a lot of memories remain.
View attachment 1671530
Neat shot of downtown, nice having such a long history in that spot.

Day 8 - Whoooosh!!

View attachment 1671570
View attachment 1671571

Ken
That second shot is wonderful. :D

Day 9 - Smooth

View attachment 1671627
Ken
Planers can do wonders cleaning up the wood. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Real Name
Ken St John
Day 10 - No pix due to Celebration of Life

Sorry ... missed today. A good friend's mother passed away and Saturday (10/9) was her celebration of life and we were busy most of the day cooking and assisting. She was a great lady and lived a long and full life, so it was not as depressing as most. (And, her loss was non-COVID related, just in case you're curious.)

Ken

Day 10 - No pix due to Celebration of Life

Sorry ... missed today. A good friend's mother passed away and Saturday (10/9) was her celebration of life and we were busy most of the day cooking and assisting. She was a great lady and lived a long and full life, so it was not as depressing as most. (And, her loss was non-COVID related, just in case you're curious.)

Ken
:(

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom